SS Feldpost nummer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Feldpost nummer

I have bought a M40 helmet and when received I see that it was an SS, decal is almost 1% but clearly shows a black edge and a white interior, so no Heer, KM or LW. In its back it could be read in two lines Ostf. Ko???? and 06809. Any clue?

Thanks

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Angel

If the number is a feldpost number then the unit is San. Kp. 291. Hope this helps. Maybe someone else can give more details.

Sincerely

Bradd

Comment

Thanks Bradd, I purchase the helmet as a worn condition M40 with no decals for a very cheap price and when a rrived I saw a shadow in one of his sides, with the help of a power lens I see the remanents of the lower part of one decal and its a black edge and a white interior so first I think SS, but now I feel could be rest of the SS decal, but now I feel that being in the left side could be rest of the national decal for a normal Heer helmet, I try to decypher more of the letters in the back, perhaps are not Ostf.

Thanks again.

Angel
      Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Angel,

Any chance you can take a photo of the offending beast?

/Ian
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Here are the best I have.

First left side of the helmet. You can see the rest or the bottom and upper part of the decal.

Angel
          Attached Files

Comment

Inscription on the back of the helmet.

Angel
            Attached Files

Comment

Does is not say "Gefr"?
              Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

You have destroyed my ilusions, yes, it will be more accurately Geft, I take a second look with an iluminated power lens and it's as you say, I suppose I left my imagination free and thought about a bargain instead the real deal.

Thanks Ian, have you seen my other asks in this forum? perhaps you can help me in those too.

Angel.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X