Info on LW KC winner Major Rudolf Henne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info on LW KC winner Major Rudolf Henne

I'm currently doing research on Major Rudolf Henne, KC winner in the LW.
    I know he served in KG 51 and at one time was Gruppenkommandeur of II. Gruppe.
    I also know he was highly decorated, this can be seen on the pics I've found, one of them - a post card - is seen below.

I'm basically looking for all the info I can find, but to be a bit more specific:

When did he receive each of his medals and why? (on a side note - can someone more knowledgeable about medals identify the foreign flight wings (above DK) and the breast star (below EK I) seen on the pic?)

Is there anything written about him anywhere, besides the key facts I mentioned above? Any pointers appreciated!

What did he do after the war - is he still alive?

Please contact me if you have any info

Here's a pic when he was a Hauptmann:

http://www.das-ritterkreuz.de/index_...archword=henne
    "Wir Deutschen fürchten Gott und sonst nichts auf der Welt " BISMARCK

Comment

Wings and Breast Star are spanish, wings for pilot and breast star is the Spanish War Cross so your officer fought in the Spanish Civil War and received the Sapnish Cross in Gold with Swords.

Angel
      Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Thanks guys, that was quick
        2 things cleared up allready then - the (to me) unknown medals and the fact that he passed away in 1962.

Comment

Hi

Just to add one info about the DKiG :

awarded on 09/04/42 (3 days before the RK) as Hptm. in 9/KG 51

Regards
          Denis

Comment

Thanks for that info Denis!
            That week in april '42 must've been quite special for him, I wonder what he did to earn those high awards.
            I've seen a book signed with his name and "Odessa, 16. M******228;rz 42", that could be a hint I guess.

Comment

Honor goblet 17.11.41 as pilot (Oblt.)
              Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Thanks François

Comment

The same photo is now for sale in the e-stand.
                  Signed wartime !

Comment

Photo from my collection
                    Last edited by nariush; 04-07-2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Excellent photo - thanks for your contribution!

Comment

Originally posted by J. Hahn View Post
                        Excellent photo - thanks for your contribution!
                        your welcome

Comment

Rudolf Henne

I have the walking stick the Rudof Henne carried throughout his time in the Luftwaffe. I was interested to see that you had been doing some research on him. The stick is beautifully made and has great markings showing each of his different campaigns such as Russia and England. It has a silver top with the Edelweiss on it to signify his squadron KG51.

My father has just passed away and Im looking to return it to his family. I believe his son was a Director of the German Aerospace Institute but has retired. He is also called Rudolf Henne.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ive tried to upload photos but says file too big. Im happy yo DM photos
                          Last edited by stumpyj; 11-25-2018, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Sorry for way this displays:

<table id="searchresults" summary="Search results for &quot;henne&quot; (Total of 3 results.)"><tbody><tr class="jds-odd"><th class="sr_number">
                            </th> <td class="Pilot">Henne, Rudolf</td><td class="Rank">Maj</td><td class="Born">12/8/1913</td><td class="Place">Munich</td><td class="Score">
                            </td><td class="Units"> K88 Leg Condor (Spain), 8/KG-51 (9/39), 5/KG-51 (9/40), Stfkpt 9/KG-51 (6/41), Kdr II/KG-51 (5/42) </td><td class="Aircraft">Ju 88A & He 111</td><td class="Awards">
                            RK(4/12/42)

Spanish Cross

Deutsches Kreuz - Gold (4/9/42)
                            EP(11/11/41)

EK 1 & 2
                            Bomber Operational Clasp w/Pendant </td><td class="Notes"> 200 missions in Spain. Over 450 combat missions. Deceased 13 April, 1962, Munich </td><td class="Photos">
                            With Spanish Cross and War Cross </td></tr></tbody></table>
                            Ed. Anderson,Jr.
                            The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

Comment

More info:
                              HENNE
                              , Rudolf. (DOB: 08.12.13 in München). (R, DKG). c.1937-38 flew c.200 combat missions
                              with the Legion Condor in Spain. 09.39 with 8./KG 1. 01.11.39 promo to Oblt. 06.40 claimed a
                              10,000 GRT transport vic Dieppe. 09.40 trf to 5./KG 51. 14.10.40 appt Techn.Offz. of Stab II./KG
                              51. 29.06.41 appt Staka 9./KG 51. 17.11.41 Oblt., awarded the Ehrenpokal. 09.04.42 Hptm.,
                              awarded DKG, 9./KG 51. 12.04.42 Hptm., awarded Ritterkreuz, Staka 9./KG 51. 21.05.42 Hptm.,
                              appt provisional Kdr. II./KG 51 (to 26.02.43). 02.03.43 trf to Frontflieger-Sammelgruppe. 10.06.43
                              in Frontflieger-Sammelgruppe, ordered to RLM (Gen.Qu./2.Abt.) for temporary duty. 01.09.43 in
                              Frontflieger-Sammelgruppe, promo to Maj. (RDA 01.01.43). 12.10.43 appt Kdr.
                              III./Kampfbeobachterschule 2. Credited with a total of c.450 combat missions (200 in Spain).
                              †13.04.62 in München
                              Ed. Anderson,Jr.
                              The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X