Birnbaum 10 (Pz)./ SG 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birnbaum 10 (Pz)./ SG 9

I have the award and other documents to a Silesian pilot in the Luftwaffe. I have the following information:

Franz Josef Birnbaum came From Rydultau, near Wodzislaw SL part of Silesia, close to the German Border. Rydultau was annexed in September 1939 by Germany.

He belonged to the Fliegersturm (Flyerstorm) III/4 Welzow N.-L. and was with DLV and NSFK

He was Awarded Flugzeugführer badge No. 102 521.

6th November 1943 - Awarded the Frontflug-Spange for Jäger in Bronze (20 Combat flights). Signed by Bruno Meyer.

1st December 1943 – Awarded the Iron Cross 2nd Class. Signed by Conrad Kommandeur Luftflottenkommandos 4.

24th March 1944 - Awarded the Frontflug-Spange for Jäger in Silver (60 Combat flights). Signed by Franz Oswald;

5th April 1944 – Killed flying Hs 129 B-2 WNr 141731 Coded D, 10 (Pz) / S.G.9. Ofw. Franz Birnbaum killed 1 km. Northwest of Hobubica when his aircraft was hit by enemy fire and crashed in flames, 100% destroyed.

20th April 1944 – Awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.

I have a preliminary possession testimony for the Spanish Cross (Spanien-Kreuz) in Bronze, would anyone know how I could research his involvement in Spain? Would anyone know how I could get further information on this pilot?

Many thanks...

10/Pz SG9

Hi Colin ,

added a pic of Rudolf-Heinz Ruffer Hptm. 10/(Pz)SG9 and a group pilots of the 10th Staffel (aug. 1944 ) in Hongary.

Best - MarcVV

Comment

Birnbaum

error :

picture of the group pilots is dated March 1944 , and maybe one of them is Birnbaum.

M.VV

Comment

Brirnbaum

Hi Marc

Many thanks for posting these pictures, indeed there is a good chance that Birnbaum is included in this latter picture. Any chance of emailing me a copy of this photo? Simililarly I am happy to provide copies of Birnbaum's documents. Email address colinf@sagric.com.au

Best wishes

Colin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X