Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pz Art. Rgt 13, 13. Panzerdivision

Good day fellow collectors

I am looking for the names of three Regiment commanders of Pz Art Rgt 13, 13. Panzerdivision. The timeframe is as followed:

3rd August 1942 the Rgt. commander was an Oberstleutnant

7th November 1942 the Rgt. commander was Oberst

16th May 1943 the Rgt commander was an Oberst (could be D.Ernst but not sure)

Any help is welcome and much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Greeting from Switzerland

Jürg
    Strength and Honour
    http://standwheretheyfought.jimdo.com/

Hi Jürg,

Here is the info you require:

During the times you specified it should be Oberstleutnant/Oberst Dr Ernst Kühn, he was in command from 27.2.1942 until 1.10.1943...during this time 1.10.42-1.11.42 Major Ratzel had temporary command.

Hope this helps.

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Hi Jürg,

After reading one of my other books the above info is incorrect....

Oberstleutnant/Oberst Dr. Kühn took over command 27.2.1942 until 1.10.42-1.11.42 when Major Ratzel had temporary command. Then it was Oberst Dr. Ernst.

Whether or not Dr. Kühn's first name was Ernst I do not know but he was a DKiG holder (will check this book out later).

Regards, Ian

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Hello, per Hoffmann <i>Die Magdeburger Division</i> <b>Dr. K&uuml;hn</b> and <b>Dr. Ernst</b> are apparently different person (by the way the book has pretty detailed names regarding Pz.Art.Rgt.13). I have to say that Wegmann/Zweng has a typo there.

Comment

Hi Akira,

Jürg has got copies of these now as the initial list was taken from Wegmann/Zweng but as we know there is a mistake.....Die Magdeburger Division does well on the Artillerie side of things!! Der Schicksalsweg der 13 Pz.Div. only really lists DK and RKT ....

/Ian

Comment

Pz ARt Rgt 13

Helli Ian, hello Akira

Thanks a lot for your kind help. I could now identify all commanders who signed the award docs of my group.

Greetings from Switzerland

Jürg
            Strength and Honour
            http://standwheretheyfought.jimdo.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X