SS Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Official

I have the award documents, photos, awards and Luftwaffen Personal Akte to a Luftwaffe 8./JG 54 pilot by the name of Hptm. Friedrich BROCK. The Luftwaffen Personal Akte says that he had a brother who was a high official with the SS. Just out of interest I would be interested if anyone would know how I could find out the identity of this brother and his position etc

Also any further information on my principal interest, Hptm. Friedrich BROCK, would be appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation...

BROCK?

I find no such Luftwaffe officer in flying officers Hauptmann up February 1945, no Honor Goblet, no German Cross, no Knight's Cross to a Luftwaffe officer by that name.

Nor was ANY SS officer named "Brock" in the SS December 1937, a Standartenführer up in 1942, or a Sturmbannführer up in 1944.

Comment

Brock

Thanks Rick

I have the Luft Brock's service records in front of me and he was promoted to Hptm in May 1944. I believe he did not fly after 8 April 1944 after he was shot down, baled out and damaged his eyes and fractured his skull. He went back as staff to JG 54 in Oct 1944.

Regards

Comment

I hope this is the brother

In the July 1944 SS DAL there is a Hauptsturmfuhrer der Reserve

B R O C K, Kurt
        SS Number: 382345
        Birth Date: 4.6.19
        Patent Date: 20.4.44

As far as I can tell this list is the only one he shows up on.

Comment

Here is a Link i hope it helps more.

Brock, Kurt Hstuf. 4. 6.19 382 345 Kdr.II./Pz.GR.40 11.44 †10. 1.45
          Hstuf. Chef,14./Pz.GR.40 4.44
          Ustuf. Inf.Rgt.10 11.42
          Strm. 2./Flak-Abt.2 9.39

http://www.geocities.com/~orion47/SS...izierlist.html

Comment

Brock

Guys thanks for your replies, sorry this is a little belated. Further research has revealed that he was a gold badge NSDAP party member and a recipient of the "Blood Order", so this does not necessarily correlate to a high ranking in the SS. Perhaps someone knows where I can look from here, maybe a list of all recipients of the above two awards.

Thanks again

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X