Kriegs lazarett STALINGRAD ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegs lazarett STALINGRAD ?

Hello, I have an entry in a soldbuch for KRIEGS LAZARETT 8/533 (R) A.

I suspect this was the first hospital outside of the Stalingrad pocket that the soldier was sent to.

Can anyone tell me where this field hospital was located in November 1942 ?
    Would the fact that it has the title (R) mean that it was a reserve hospital and therefore located well back in the heaert of the Reich i.e. Germany ?

Thank you kindly for any help

I believe it to be in Konstantinovka.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by brooksbz; 02-03-2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

The main airfields outside the pocket were at Tatsinskaya (Ju52) and Morozovskaya (He111).
      Attached Files

Comment

Upon further review the Konstantinovka is in the Ukraine and is Northwest of Stalino.

Also check out this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=8%2F533
        Attached Files
        Last edited by brooksbz; 02-03-2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

This is my best attempt to get all of the information on one map.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello !

Regarding the second question :
            Would the fact that it has the title (R) mean that it was a reserve hospital and therefore located well back in the
            heaert of the Reich i.e. Germany ?
            This is difficult to answer. Tessin lists this as Reserve-Kriegslazarett-Abteilung 533, raised in WK XII.
            A possible assumption :
            In my understanding, a Reserve-Lazarett was located within the Reich, while a Kriegslazarett was
            part of the field army. I think, in this case, the (R) could point to the origin, that this Lazarett was first raised
            as a Reserve-Lazarett, but then was transferred to the field army as Kriegslazarett.

Where was it in Nov. 1942 ?
            This is even more difficult, as it is also related to the difficulties, connected with the transscription of
            russian village names into Western (German or English) writing style.
            What brooksbz posted is certainly a possibility.

I would also consider another location :
            Konstantinowka, ~10km W of Artemowsk, 70 km N of Stalino (today: Donezk).
            There are two links, that would be more in accordance with the latter place :
            In the first link, a Uffz. Schmitt had died in Kriegslazarett VIII/533 and was buried at Konstantinowka (Donezk/Ukraine).
            (you have to scroll to the bottom).
            http://www.denkmalprojekt.org/2017/e...1_wk2_bay.html
            In the 2nd link, a transfer is mentioned of a soldier wounded in Oct. 1942, and transferred from Armee-Laz. 770
            first to Rostow and then from Jan., 4th, 1943, to Kriegs-Laz. 8/533 at Konstantinowka.
            http://forum.panzer-archiv.de/viewto...f0ec1fe#184969

For both of these links, the place marked in green would be a better match, in my oppinion. Then it remains the question,
            whether 8/Kriegs-Laz. 533 moved East of the River Don in Sept./Okt. and then, end of 1942
            returned West again, to its former place, or just remained at the the same place throughout.

Best regards,

Archi
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello !

I apologize, as I didn't notice that brooksbz had already posted several more maps and infos
              on the position of Kriegslazarett 533, pointing to the same location I wanted to suggest.
              Sorry about that !

Best regards,

Archi

Comment

Archi: You did a much better job!

Comment

Archi:

Do you have any info on:

Kriegslazarett IV /528 R (FP: 16239)

I know it was located within 3 travel days to Stalingrad in November 1942.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X