EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know if this unit eventually fought in Stalingrad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know if this unit eventually fought in Stalingrad?

Hello all I have just gotten a photo grouping in the mail today so I am trying to do a little research. The reason I am asking this question is I know I have at least 1 original photo from Stalingrad in the grouping.
    I figure the fellow who took the photos either served with this fallen soldat or knew him, as it was the main focal point of photo. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Mike

AR 9 was part of the 9 Inf Div. During the Stalingrad battles it was with the 17 Armee in the Crimea, Caucasus and Kuban bridgehead.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Nice photo, doing research on the individual soldier?

Comment

Thanks Simon for the information. I guess he must have either transferred from this unit or just happend to know the fallen soldier. I am still sure that the soldier who took the photos from this grouping was in Stalingrad. further research is needed. Mike

Skullhead, thanks for the comment but no not this particular soldier but I thought it may have been a clue to the owners unit.

Comment

Could also be a family relation
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X