2. jäger division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2. jäger division

Hello all... I have a old friend who was in the 2. jäger division and shot Nebelwerfer...Any one who know were I can find ANYTHING about this division on the internet??? /John

I don't know of a 2 Jäger Division....do you mean Gebirgsjäger? Or Jäger Bataillon / Regiment 2? Even Skijäger! but not Division!!!

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison
      I don't know of a 2 Jäger Division....do you mean Gebirgsjäger? Or Jäger Bataillon / Regiment 2? Even Skijäger! but not Division!!!

/Ian
      Well...Thats the only thing he said

2. jäger division...in finland 1944. 11 nebelwerfers

but you might be right...but I would INDEED be very greatfull if you could help me find it.

Comment

I assume its 2. Gebirgsjäger Division...they were in Finland in 1944.

When you say 11 Nebelwerfers what do you mean? Was that his unit because Nebelwerfer Abteilung 11 also served in Finland during this period. I have a wehrpass to one of its members. It may well have been attached to 2. Gebirgsjäger Division at some point.

Comment

Well John,
          The following site will be the best to look at the Divisions perhaps:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...rzeichnis1.htm

Hope your German is OK!!!!

With that said, 2 Inf.Div. was in Poland and France, renamed 12 Pz.Div, 10.1.41....rules that out!
          2 Gebirgs Div. was in Norway, Laplan and Denmark (Possible?)
          Skijäger Rgt. 2 was part of Skijäg.Bde. 1 and was in central Russia, north Ukraine and Silesia...rules that out!
          Jäger Btl. 2 was Army Troops near Cholm, Russia and disbanded winter 43/44....rules that out!
          2 Pz.Div. was never in Finland..........
          2 lei.Div. became 7 Pz.Div. 18.10.39.........
          2 Fj. Div. was never in Finland.....

So 2 Geb.Div. is a possibility!

/Ian

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Ahah...beat me whilst still readin Tessin!!!

Comment

Well thank you alot guys!...getting closer

Well he's from Austria so it could very well be the 2. Gebirgsjäger
              or that nebelwerfer battaljon.

Is there ANY way you can see a register with names? (I stronly assume not...but anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison

So 2 Geb.Div. is a possibility!

/Ian
                YES THATS IT!!!!. its formed from a Austrian mountain division and I remember he said once he was one of the guys who captured Narvik in Norway, and then moved to finland after sometime.
                Later sent to denmark,but he deserted to Sweden from FInland (or else he wouldnt have met my grandmother sister )

But I also now that he fought outside Dunquerk...
                So he must have bin in France at summer and norweig at winter 1940. And then in soviet... He was in Sweden the summer of 1944 so he must have left Finland in the winter 1944

http://www.skalman.nu/third-reich/he...rgs-div-2.htm;
                Last edited by Georgi Zhukov 2; 01-02-2003, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X