Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to collecting...

Hallo everybody,

I've been here some time ago but only recently did I find some time to try to find what I am looking for. I am a long time researcher of the career of Stubaf. Gustav Knittel and his unit, the SS-Pz.AA1 LAH but I am quite new to collecting photos. I know several veterans who gave me some pics and I have the photos from the usual books but I am not familiar with the other possibilities, especially for finding photos of his Kompanieführer (Bügelsack, Wägner, Wawrzinek, a.o.) as well as photos from training, on the march and at the front. Do you have any hints and tips as to how to find photos from this unit? Is the BA-MA Bilderarchiv in Koblenz an option and are there any collectors magazines in which I can place an add? Do you know any W-SS photocollectors who could be of help to me? In most cases I am just looking for reprints or even good scans, no originals.

Same goes for documents. I have quite a collection of BDC-files, NARA-files, BA-MA documents and written memories from veterans, but I hope somebody can point out the possibilities in other archives (I've been told that there could be interesting stuff in München and Prag) or perhaps in old Feldpost? Are there any W-SS Feldpost collectors outthere who can help me? Any help is very much appreciated.

Best regards and merry Christmas,

Timo

Nobody has any hints or tips???

Comment

You search from the AA Unit photos?
      Ask more for photos by the Bundesarchiv and when you not find infos search members from HIAG they could help you.

Comment

I have several photos from veterans and the HIAG nolonger excists. Is the Bundesarchiv in Koblenz worth a visit? I've been told that they are only allowed to make poor quality xerox copies for visitors (which cost to much money: firma Schelke )

But how to contact collectors who might have photos of AA LAH in their collection? Any collectors magazines in which I can place an add?

Regards,
        Timo

Comment

I have no AA from LAH but i have a szene around Charkow1943.
          And i think i have the Uniform from DKIG Rottf. Hans Sieronski 1./SS-Pz.A.A.1

Do you have a Picture from this man?

See my Website some pphotos post from the LAH.

Cheers Tommy

Comment

The uniform of Sieronski? If you're not sure about this item perhaps I can be of some help. I don't have a photo of him but I have a copy of his Vorschlag zum DKiG.

His current home address and phonenumber are in my AA LAH Personalliste. Unless he recently passed away I can try to get a confirmation and/or more info for you.

SIERONSKI, Hans
            1. und 2.Komp.
            24.10.1922: Geboren in Emanuelssegen
            01.09.1940: versetzt zum 1./AA LAH als MG-Schüze 1
            19.04.1941: E.K. 2.klasse
            28.10.1941: E.K. 1.klasse
            12.03.1942: Infanterie-Stürmabzeichen (br.)
            03.09.1942: Ostmedaille
            18.03.1943: Verwundetenabzeichen (Schw.)
            28.03.1943: DkiG als SS-Oberscharführer und Zugführer im 1./AA

Regards,
            Timo

Comment

I know i have a DKIG uniform from a LAH member his rank is
              Rottenführer his tunic is black.See my collection.But I'm not sure.
              That he is.
              I know a man he is by the HIAG i can give you the Mailadress can help you. I think it is better you send me a mail or a PM.

I hope you have lucky.

Cheers Tommy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X