Feld Post number help- 08731

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feld Post number help- 08731

I have a "Panzerarmee Afrika Kalendar 1943" inside the cover there is a name and 08731?
    After seeing the previous posts this number may be a feldpost number? Hoping this is in fact a feldpost and may be for a unit that served there?
    For any help,Thank you in advance.

Hi Sammler

The unit is Aufkl. Kp. Aufkl.Abtl. 190 Pz. AOK 5, dann Aufkl. Kp. Pz. Aufkl. Abtl. 190. I see a reference to Tunis in Kannapin so you may be right regarding the Africa association. Maybe someone else can give you more information on the unit itself. I hope this helps.

Sincerely

Bradd

Comment

Thank you

Bradd,
      Thank you for the information on this unit! Nice what can be learned from those five numbers. I was hoping it was in fact a feldpost number and am very pleased now that in fact this item was most likely in Africa and to a Cav/Recon unit is even more of a bonus. Cav/Recon is one of favorite units for the hobby and this info really adds to the history of the item. There is also a name inside , maybe this calendar was removed from a POW? Anyway Thanks again!

Comment

Glad I could help Sammler. If you have any other feldpost numbers that you need help with please feel free to post them.

Sincerely

Brad

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X