121 Infanterie Division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

121 Infanterie Division

Please looking for info regarding combats of this division from September 1.944 till the end of the war and what happen to its members after May 8th, 1.945.

Thanks for any help

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Angel,

Here you go.

Assigned to 18 Armee, X Korps from Sept 2 to Sept 21, 1944 the division fought a series of heavy defensive battles against 3rd Shock Army west of Riga. Continous Soviet attacks reduced the 121st down to a kampfgruppe. As a kampfgruppe assigned to AD Grasser on Oct 5. Interestingly Panzer Grenadier Rgt GD and the Lauchert Pz Brig were also sent at the same time. On Oct 25 it returned to X Korps and went into reserve around Libau.

Here are some of the battles it was involved with during the time you are asking about. Abwehrkampf in der Marienburg-Stellung, im Raum Ergli (Marienburg-Stellung and Ergli were the Sept 2-21 battles west of Riga), bei Sepenskrog-Glaznieki und im Raum Preekulin bei Audari. During March 1945 kampfgruppe 121 came under Festungskommandantur Libau and was continuosly engaged in the Courland. They surrendered inside the pocket to the Russians south of Libau on the Barta. There is also a divisional history you may be interested in. Hope this helps.

Geschichte der 121. ostpreußischen Infanterie-Division 1940-1945, by Stahl/Eppendorff

Comment

Thanks for your info, my interest is because I have the group to RK Herbert Tulodetzki who won the RK on November 5th, 1.944 and was POW of the British.

Thanks

Angel
      Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

121 Id

Hi Angel,do you have a photo of Tulodetzki,
        as that would be a great find to the Forum
        Regards Harmel
        if you have I will supply photos you need

Comment

Harmel, I have no photos from Tulodetzki, if you have pne show us, or better, sell it to me.

Angel

Comment

Angel,

Looking through more stuff I found this on Herbert Tulodetzki .

geb. 21.10.1920 in Januschkau, Kries Osterode

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X