Trying to find info on 5./GR. RGT. 337 Oberleutnant Franz Gilbig KP. Chef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to find info on 5./GR. RGT. 337 Oberleutnant Franz Gilbig KP. Chef

I have a DKiG document that is somewhat unusual in its printing and am trying to find information on the recipient to verify that he actually existed and received one. Here is a picture of the document. Notice that the Cross printed at the top of the document is off center. This is what concerns me. I have never seen another like this and wonder if it was actually a printing error or if this document is entirely a reproduction. If it is a repro, they did an excellent job with the only thing raising suspicion being the off center cross. Thanks for any help.
    Richard V

Hi Richard,

I am unable to see the attached picture. I am very interested in this document, since my grandfather (Hauptman Wilhelm Heinrich Rossol) was a "battalionsführer" for the second battalion Gren.rgt 337. Hi died on the 8'th april 1942 after severe wounds. My grandfather received DKG on the 18 march 1942 days before he died. He is burried in Ljudinowo (Orel).
    Is it signed by Oberst (later general) Kokott?

Brgd

Terje

Comment

Hello Terje, Thank you for your interest. I've put the image of the document back so it should be visible again. It is signed by Keitel. I was doing research on this document as it has what appears to be an unusual printing error. Notice the position of the image of the DK on the document. It is off center. Other than this error, everything else is perfect for an original.
      Richard V

Comment

GR.RGT. 337 (Komp. 14) was the starting point for SS-Gruppenfuehrer Reinefarth where he earned the Ritterkreuz on May 19, 1940 as Feldwebel, quite an accomplishment at that time for an NCO. In 1944, he earned the Eichenlaub in Warsaw for commanding the defeat of the Polish Home Army as SS-Gruppenfuehrer (Generalleutnant). After the war, he had a successful politcal career in West Germany.
        Dietrich

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X