Who knows these people on this photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who knows these people on this photo

Today I received this picture. To me it is a very interesting picture because there are no Germans on it in uniforms. There are two guys on the picture in an uniform, but it seems to me the uniform is Italian. The rest of the people are in civilian clothes. Also can be seen a woman on the right. What would be her function on that "forum".

On the back there is a stamp TARJETA POSTAL Agfa Nigitta

With pencil the word LEVIDA is written also on the back.

Any reaction of who they are or were this is, is welcome.
    Attached Files

A more detailled picture.
    Attached Files

Comment

And the last picture.
      Attached Files

Comment

Very unusual photo indeed!

Note the very crude swastika on the banner at far left.

And yes, the man in black uniform at the table is Italian. Just a guess, but perhaps the other uniformed fellow wears a Slovak or Croatian (NDH) uniform of some kind.

I can't ID anyone here, though- just a little too fuzzy. I'll go out on a limb and suggest this photo was taken in Buenos Aires, circa 1950! Pure speculation, but something about it leads me to believe these are fascist refugees living under Peron's patronage.

~ Mike
        Last edited by Michael Miller; 09-19-2005, 12:21 PM.

Comment

If my bizarre suggestion is correct, maybe the man at far left is Perón himself...

~ Mike

Originally posted by Michael Miller
          Very unusual photo indeed!

Note the very crude swastika on the banner at far left.

And yes, the man in black uniform at the table is Italian. Just a guess, but perhaps the other uniformed fellow wears a Slovak or Croatian (NDH) uniform of some kind.

I can't ID anyone here, though- just a little too fuzzy. I'll go out on a limb and suggest this photo was taken in Buenos Aires, circa 1950! Pure supposition, but something about it leads me to believe these are fascist refugees living under Peron's patronage.

~ Mike
          Attached Files

Comment

Another photo...
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Michael,

When I was looking at the photo, I assumed that the civil clothes did look like clothes that people were wearing in the fiftys. Esspecially the small tie. But because of the flaggs, I thought, well it must be a second world war picture. I was not thinking on Perron myself, but looking on the pictures you've send me, I am getting more and more convinced you are right.

Let's wait for eventually more reaction and thanks for you input.

Best,
              Necker

Comment

If this theory pans out, I think this photo would be even more interesting than most actual Third Reich-era images.

~ Mike

Comment

I wonder if any Spanish talking member knows what the word LEVIDA means.

Comment

Did a Google search for "levida" - don't know if it has any meaning in Spanish, but in Estonian it is a verb meaning "to spread" (see http://www.magma.ca/~raksim/estonian...tcomplete.html ).

~ Mike

Comment

Tarjeta Postal

"Tarjeta Postal" is Spanish for "postcard". Is this indeed a postcard photo? For what it's worth, I did a Babelfish translation of the term from Italian to English and got zilch but got the correct translation from Spanish to English (just checking to see if it's the same in Italian).

"Levida" means nothing to me in Spanish but it could be a proper name. A Google search did come with several associations of Spanish and "Levida" including the name of a Basque town and this unlikely association regarding the Spanish Civil War (ie, in terms of the photo):

"At the beginning of April, there was very bad news. People began to doubt if the war was winnable. Franco had captured Levida and reached the coast at Vinaroz."

The current flag from Spain has a wider center panel but I'm unsure of the flag from the 1930's and whether the one pictured on the far right could be it. The current Argentinian flag has 3 equal panels with the lighter one in the center. But if I had to choose, I would say it represented the darker red, yellow, red of Spain's flag than the light blue, white, light blue of Argentina. But many flags are tri-panels so, in reality who knows what it represents.

Sorry for only being able to confirm what's been stated so far. My arguments do no compel origin one way or another.

In the background is a picture of AH but what is the other picture? Can it be determined or examined more closely?

Tony
                      Last edited by entasis; 09-19-2005, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Hello Tony and Mike,

Thanks for your reply. It's hard to tell who is on the second picture on the wall. The first is undoubtetly Adolf Hitler. In wartime, it was not common to place another picture next to the one of Adolf. So IMO it must be a post war picture. Only in the 30ths the picture of Hindenburg was hanging next to Hitler, but after Hindenburgs dead it was uncommon to place another picture next to the most important leading figure in the third reich.

The original photo is not that clear, but I will try to find some one who can make a closer picture of the second picture on the wall. I cannot do it with my camera. If it is known who is on the second picture, then it is also know (I think) in which country the photo has been made.

P.s. The photo is postcard size.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X