Pather in Cologne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pather in Cologne

I am interested in any info regarding the movement of the US 3rd AD into Cologne and the engagement with a Panther that was waiting there. I am curious about the Panther's orders, it seemed to be in a bad situation with its side exposed. Was it there all by itself to attempt to block or hold up the advancing troops? Was it fully functional and able to move or was it stuck there? There didnt seem to be any infantry support or were they driven off at the last minute? I am curious about this action because i know a soldier that was severly wounded around this action and i have only been able to hear small bits and pieces about his experiences. Having recently viewed the historic film footage of this action on the History channel my curiosity has once more been aroused. I would really like to find out what the US units were that were involved in this action. From what i have been able to hear from my friend, his outfit marched right up the Hoenzollern (sp?) Avenue and he was riding on a tank and jumped off onto a land mine. He lay beside the cathedral there for a couple of days. Any info or direction would be appretiated.

There a really good article on this action in After the Battle magazine but can't remember the issue offhand. Will try and find my copy later.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X