Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is exact meaning and function of Richtschutze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is exact meaning and function of Richtschutze?

I have death card in which soldier is described as "Richtschutze in einem Inf. - Regt. Was he crew member of MG or artillery piece?

gunner

[Google-Translate with slight cleaning by me] Gunner is a general term for the operator of a gun. This gun can be mounted or installed, e.g. B. in tanks. The gunner directs the gun (hence the name) on command to fight the target. Horizontal movements of the tube are called traversing [Schwenken], vertical movements elevation [Richten]. Modern guns are operated using steering wheel-like fittings. The loader is responsible for loading the gun. The gunner also represents the tank commander. The operator of an anti-tank guided missile is referred to as a steering contactor if he has to operate the cannon and the PALR (e.g. in the SPZ BMP-1) as a directional gunner.

English wiki:Gun Laying

Comment

This guy's job
      Attached Files
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
        This guy's job
        Many thanks for comments and nice picture. Am I correct to say that Richtschutze in infantry unit is the same as Kanonier in artillery unit?

Comment

No, Kanonier is a rank whilst richtschutze is a job. So a kanonier could be a richtschutze. But in the infantry of course the rank of private would not be kanonier.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

No, Kanonier is a rank whilst richtschutze is a job. So a kanonier could be a richtschutze. But in the infantry of course the rank of private would not be kanonier.
            what is the kanone model on that photo ? infanterie geschutz?

Comment

Originally posted by HAF View Post

Yes. It looks like 7,5 cm leichtes Infanteriegeschütz 18

Comment

Originally posted by HAF View Post

7.5cm le.I.G.18, the spoked wheel version that was horsedrawn. A regular infantry regiment was assigned 6 of them.

Comment

7.5cm le.I.G.18, the spoked wheel version that was horsedrawn. A regular infantry regiment was assigned 6 of them.
                  thank you .

Comment

A Richtschuetze is also a position in a tank crew for any KWK.

Comment

This is the Man. All in all papar probably is not pure Sterbebild but it states he was Richtschutze.

Comment

There was also a Richtschütze with the MG crew. Also known as "Schütze 1", the gunner.
                        See the attachment below. Its from a German manual.
                        So it could be MG or Light-Infantry-gun (as posted in the picture above).
                        Is his death info-cart to be found in the Ancestry database? if it mentions his Kompanie we can know for sure.
                        Attached Files
                        I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                        Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                        My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Somehow i can not edit my previous post, so i'll make another.
                          He could have been part of a MG crew or Light-Infantry-gun crew (as posted in the picture earlier).
                          Is his death info-cart to be found in the Ancestry database? if it mentions his Kompanie we can know for sure.
                          I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                          Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                          My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Many thanks Admiraal! I knew that Richtschutze had had something to do with MG. Now I remember that this piece of instruction, describing MG crew, has been shown in Waffen Revue bookle.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X