Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unit info needed Please!

Hi,

I just got three documents today, one pair and one single. I was hopeing someone could give me some info on the units and places where they were based etc.

The single is a eastern front medal doc to a unteroffizer in Stab II./Pz.Gren.Regt.25 and is signed by a oblt u. Batl.Fhr and was awarded on 1.8.1942

The next is a pair to a Obergefr in Flak. First Doc is a black wound badge to Stab/II.Flak Regt.6 (mot) and was awarded in Allenstein on 24.2.1944 and is signed by a Oberstabsartz und Chefarzt Res.Laz. Allenstein II- Kortan. Also on the doc the word Befchadigung (just after the amount of wounds) has had XXXXXXXXXX typed over it, why is this?
    The second is a Doc for a KVKII this time he is in 3. le. Flakabteilung 82 (mot), it is signed by a General der Flieger u.Kommandierender General der dtsch.Lw.in Mittelitalien, also just before the date it has the word Gefechtsstand, what does this mean.

Any information at all will be great, places, area of operations, who signed the doc etc, etc.

Thanks

Phil

Some help, not much

Gefechtstand is command post (in combat)

. . . as I said not much !

Comment

The 25.Panzergrenadier regiment is part of the 12.Tank Division.

Comment

Cheers David and Tommy, you don't know where I could get further information from do you?

Thanks
        Phil

Comment

Can we see a picture?? Then sometimes the word Beschädigung is with a other word who verletzung or verletzungen write..

The Flak units are sometimes small units...

Comment

I'm sorry but I don't know how to post pictures and the only ones I have are from the sellers site, Beschadigung is the word printed on an ordanary wound badge document, what does it mean?

Thanks
            Phil

Comment

Beschädigung - damage i think it means a light wound...
              Hand shoot or so...

Comment

Thanks Tommy,

You don't happen to know which division artillery regement 150 was in do you as I just bought a krim shield doc to one of its membrs.

Regards
                Phil

Comment

150.Arty Rgt

Was part of the 50. Infanterie Division

Continuously engaged on the Southern Russian Front, in the Crimea ( ) and later in the Caucasus. It withdrew to the Kuban in winter 1942-43, and later was evacuated to the lower Dnieper area in autumn 1943.

Comment

Thanks David,

You don't happen to have any futher info for this unit or the luftwaffe units mention above, as I am looking for as much info as possible.

Also do you have any information regarding Grenadier-Regiment 504 as I've looked and looked and can't find any information on this unit.

Cheers

Phil
                    Last edited by Phil_C; 11-23-2002, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Hi Phil,

I have three wehrpasses to members of 50 Inf Div, including two to members of Art Regt 150. I have written two of them up but not the fellow who served longest. The Hoffmann one needs rewriting as I have much more info on the divisions activities in the Kuban.

Their brief histories are here:

Kurt Hoyer

Bruno Hoffmann

Hope thats gives a bit more info on the division.

Cheers,
                      Gary.

Comment

Thanks Gary,

That really helps a lot, my guy was also in i I./ Art. Regt. 150, although he was a Kanonier. where do you get such good wehrpasses from as I have been looking for ages to find some good ones, do you have any to sell?

If anyone has any info on the other units please help as I can't find anything at all on either of the luft docs.

Also does anyone know who was the General der Luftwaffe in Mittelitalien in July 1944?

Thanks again
                        Phil

Comment

II./Flak-Regiment 6 (gem. mot.):

Formed 1.10.37 in Hamburg-Altona as II./Flak-Regiment 6 (le. mot.) with 6. - 8. Batterien. On 15.11.38 renamed le.Flak-Abteilung 76.

Reformed 1.11.43 in Pleskau from IV./Luftwaffen-Artillerie-Regiment 12, now as a gem.mot Abteilung with 6. - 10. Batterien.

In 6.44 redesignated I./Flak-Regiment 30.

Service:

10.37 - 2.38 under Höh.Kdr.d.Flakart. in Luftkreis IV and VII
                          2.38 - 7.38 under Luftgaukommando XI
                          7.38 - 11.38 under Luftverteidigungskommando 6
                          1943/44 stationed in the Pleskau area
                          1.1.44 under 2. Flak-Division (Stab/Flak-Regiment 164)
                          1.2.44 under 2. Flak-Division (Stab/Flak-Regiment 164)
                          1.3.44 under 2. Flak-Division (Stab/Flak-Regiment 164)
                          1.4.44 under 6. Flak-Division (Stab/Flak-Regiment 41)
                          1.5.44 not listed
                          1.6.44 not listed

Comment

leichte Flak-Abteilung 82 (mot.)

Formed 4.44 in Northern Russia from I./Flak-Regiment 40, with 1. - 3. Batterien.

Service:

1944/45 in Italy, under 25. Flak-Division
                            1945 in Padua

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

504th grenadiers.

Hi Phil,
                              i'm jumping in a bit late here but here's some more information for you.
                              The 504th was part of the 291st Infantry division. Formed in 1940, it's tactical sign was an Elks head, and as such was nicknamed the "Elk division". Lightly commited to the fighting in France, the division was sent eastwards for "Barbarossa" as part of Army group North. It's initial advance of 44 miles in the first two days of the invasion made sure the division was noticed.
                              It's later battles in 1941 included the surrounding and capture of Riga,and the capture of the Soviet naval base at Liepaja.
                              In 1942 still with Army group North, it took part in the battle of Volkhov.
                              In early 1943 the division was then serving with Army group South, on the Velikie Luki sector of the front.In 1944 the division while still part of Army group South,was badly mauled by the Soviet Summer offensive, but managed to stay both fighting and functional.
                              The Division was finally destroyed in January 1945 on the Vistula, where it was trying to block the Soviet advance into Silesia.

Hope this helps,

Patrick.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X