Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M.P.A and L.P.A.

Hello everybody
    First of all, I don't know where to post my request and I am not sure this section is the proper for my question. If a moderator wants to move my thread to a better place, there in no problem.

I would like to have information about the organization of the Marinepersonalamt (M.P.A) as well as the Luftwaffenpersonalamt (L.P.A.) : both were incorporated respectively in the OKM and in the OKL. I especially need details about the various departements which were part of these offices, names of the numerous officers who belonged to these offices..... and all details that you could find.
    Thanks in advance
    Best Regards
    Denis

Me too. I occasionally come across someone who was "Chief of Department 7" or something-- and have NO CLUE WHAT that was! I do have what the ARMY offices were, as of 1939.

Comment

Denis & Rick,

the Marinepersonalamt (MPA) as detailed in "Die Deutsche Kriegsmarine 1939-1945" by Lohmann and Hildebrand.

Regards
      Glenn

Comment

Ah! Thanks!

Comment

Hello
          Thanks very much Glenn for this info. I would have several questions :
          a- who is the publisher of this book (Die Deutsche Kriegsmarine) ?
          b- Would you have more details about MPA III, IV and V in your book ?
          Anyway thks very much for this great info.
          Best Regards
          Denis

Comment

Die Deutsche Kriegsmarine

Denis,

Unfortunately "Die Deutsche Kriegsmarine 1939-1945" is long out of print. It was published in the fifties in a loose leaf format in three volumes by Podzun Verlag and authored by Walter Lohamnn and Hans Hildebrand. I think it is now quite rare and rather expensive. A modern alternative could well be Biblio Verlag's three volume work on the German navy: "Die organisatorische Entwicklung der Marine nebst Stellenbesetzung 1848-1945" also by Hans Hildebrand ISBN 3-7648-2541-3. Detlev Niemann sells it.

Nothing further on the MPA III, IV and V I am afraid.

Regards
            Glenn

Comment

Hello
              Glenn, thank you very much for taking time to share your knowledge
              Best Regards
              Denis

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X