Porcelain maker mark query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porcelain maker mark query

Is anyone familiar with this particular maker mark.... ??

It is on a Luftwaffe ceramic item, it also has a Luftwaffe eagle on the base of what
    appears to be some form of vase, supposedly given to the family of those killed
    in action....

Thanks for looking,

Regards

Bob
    Attached Files

Bob,

Could take couple hours just to rundown a mark. Does not look very promising in its application but could be with pottery type items I guess. Is there a reason your not showing the whole piece?.

Comment

Thanks for your reply mate, the item is with a local dealer, and supposedly from the
      family. The rest of the items are good (mainly photographic), but this has got me
      stumped.... at first I dismissed it as a fake, but why would someone go to the trouble
      of making something like this.....

Here are a couple more, from a website (which is why I was a bit wary of adding the
      photos)....

Best wishes

Bob
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Lyons View Post
        Thanks for your reply mate, the item is with a local dealer, and supposedly from the
        family. The rest of the items are good (mainly photographic), but this has got me
        stumped.... at first I dismissed it as a fake, but why would someone go to the trouble
        of making something like this.....

Here are a couple more, from a website (which is why I was a bit wary of adding the
        photos)....

Best wishes

Bob
        Whole lot of bad pieces out there for sale at low prices, they can double or triple the sale price by adding a mark. A pottery plate with D.A.F and assorted contract pieces can be found, crockery mostly and known and recorded. Its also not that common to find a Luft adler either unless under similar circumstances, also for the most part known and contract pieces. The two combined is a giant flag and I don't recall ever seeing it. I would not judge this piece by whats round it, but on its own and try not to reason too much. This is not something I would pay more than I could lose and the markings and applications are not ringing true.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
          Whole lot of bad pieces out there for sale at low prices, they can double or triple the sale price by adding a mark. A pottery plate with D.A.F and assorted contract pieces can be found, crockery mostly and known and recorded. Its also not that common to find a Luft adler either unless under similar circumstances, also for the most part known and contract pieces. The two combined is a giant flag and I don't recall ever seeing it. I would not judge this piece by whats round it, but on its own and try not to reason too much. This is not something I would pay more than I could lose and the markings and applications are not ringing true.
          Thanks J.W., I was interested in the photo lot, but the price was a tad too high with
          this piece thrown in, and the dealer won't separate them. The 'story' was that it was
          from the family, and this was given to his mother when he was killed in action some
          time late in the war.

I appreciate your replay, and thanks very much, it won't be finding a home with me...

Best wishes

Bob
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X