Verwaltungskarte Ukraine Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verwaltungskarte Ukraine Map

I recently purchased a group of maps which included a German repurposed Russian map of Krementschug illustrating German counterattacks and a Y50 map of Kharkov and this Verwaltungakarte of Ukraine :-

The map is dated August 1942, and is very brittle indeed. It appears to have been ‘pinned up’ many times and folded multiple times (significant damage to corners and fold damage), I’m wondering therefore whether it was used by staff troops.

It appears to document the areas of operational activity of a specific formation with sites of interest underlined and is annotated to show travel. It appears to ‘start’ (at the most eastern point) at Tagranog and ‘ends’ in Lemberg in the West.

I’ve split the map into three images here to give as best an overview as possible going from east (Tagranog) to west (Lemberg).

I’m wondering whether this map could be attributed to a particular fighting unit ? Parts of the map are marked with HQ signs for ‘XX’, I’m assuming that this is for 20th army corps ? What is strange is that it appears that this formation took place 3rd battle of Kharkov, the Dneipr offensive and Other armed group south battles but also has actions in northern Ukraine ?

Here are a few close ups of individual areas of ‘high’ activity / noteworthiness indicated by the annotator.

Massive long shot - but is anyone able to suggest what formation this could be ?

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X