Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flugzeugführerabzeichen Juncker

Hi all,

I am considering to buy this pilot badge. I've asked uncensored pictures to the dealer who didn't take great pictures but I Believe it's OK at least for a statement.
    This looks authentic to me with no repair. The eagle seems a bit dark but I guess it's not an issue.

May I have your opinion about it (authenticity and condition)?

thank you for your help.

Pierre
    Attached Files

Salut Pierre,

Look to be an excellent J3

Seb
    The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
    Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available
    www.luftwaffepilotbook@gmail.com

Comment

I agree an original badge. Quite a lot of cracks and pitting in the wreath

Comment

It is OK
        Carlo

Comment

Hi all,

thank you for your confirmation it is authentic. I wanted to buy it right away but I am still hesiting actually as I quite like this badge but feel a bit concerned with the craks seen on the reverse.

I just want to buy one (and only one) Juncker pilot badge and I saw some others in better condition I think but more expensive. For example, I saw this J2 that looks pretty nice, but nearly 300€ more exepensive than the J3 you first saw, is it worth the price difference?

thank you for your comments, this will help me to make my mind.

Pierre
          Attached Files

Comment

Salut Pierre,

Very nice J3 by Juncker. The reverse rought metal and poor markings is typical for these later J3. They are nice and cheaper than J2.

Seb
            The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
            Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available
            www.luftwaffepilotbook@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by vitezef View Post
              Hi all,

thank you for your confirmation it is authentic. I wanted to buy it right away but I am still hesiting actually as I quite like this badge but feel a bit concerned with the craks seen on the reverse.

I just want to buy one (and only one) Juncker pilot badge and I saw some others in better condition I think but more expensive. For example, I saw this J2 that looks pretty nice, but nearly 300€ more exepensive than the J3 you first saw, is it worth the price difference?

thank you for your comments, this will help me to make my mind.

Pierre
              Salut Pierre

The new badge you show does look "cleaner" than the first but, as Sebastien said, its the same style as the one you showed originally: another J3, not a J2 as you say. I attached a picture of a J2 Pilote for you to compare; note the differences in detail of both the eagle and the wreath

In my uneducated opinion the 2nd one you posted looks "a bit" too clean for a badge that's been laying around for the last 3/4 century unless its an unworn piece that was sitting in a case for all that time but...

Since both look original the most important thing is that you buy something you will be happy with because even though we all start "just wanting to buy only one" it seldom ends there as many of us can vouch to

Bonne chasse

JC
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Sébastien and Jean-Claude, Indeed I see it now it is a J3 (the dealer claims it is a J2 ==> Always necessary to check!).

JC, your badge is beautiful and your comments very true, my favorite badges are not the cleaner or most expensive ones but the ones that bring history with them.

I think I’ll go for the first one, I like it. And as you wrote, many of the "only one" badges I've bought are finally surrounded with same badges from different makers or grade.

Pierre

Comment

Hi Pierre,

The first one would be my vote too, its not cleaned and polished up like the 2nd example and has a great look to it.

Tom
                  If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                  [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                  Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

I just bought it! :-)

thank you again gentlemen.

Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by vitezef View Post
                      I just bought it! :-)

thank you again gentlemen.

Pierre
                      Félicitations!

Good choice IMO. J3s dont have the whitish new silver finish like J1 & J2 pieces but they do have a yellowish colour (lacker?) like the wreath of the first badge you showed. It may have looked cleaner but the second badge was polished down to the nickel silver base metal

Post some better "head on" picts when you get it

JC

Comment

Hi all,

It took a bit of time to receive it but I'm delighted to share with you some additional pictures I took myself. I am really happy with this badge and it will have a good center place amongst my few LW badges.

thank you again for your help.

regards,
                        Pierre
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bon choix!

and better pictures too...Very nice untouched J3 with typical age/patina IMO

Salut

JC

Comment

From my drawer. Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe not. Both badges have cracks in the same place on the wreath as a result of stress in the metal during cooling
                            cheers;
                            Jacek
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X