Juncker Fan Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juncker Fan Club

After many years of collecting I finally got my first prewar Luft badge made by Juncker.
    I didn't realize how great these badges are, the detail is fantasic the finish like jewelry. It makes all my other stuff look like......Juncker?...well not really I love my collection but now I've got to have more JUNCKER.
    Warren

Hi Warren,
    I agree with your comments. However, in my opinion Juncker fell short on certain things. For example, I am not very fond of their Luftwaffe Flak badge. My favorite maker for this item is the un-hallmarked nickle over tombac example with ball hinge.
    Regards,
    Jody

Comment

I too love the Juncker badges. I was lucky
      enough to purchase a pilots badge and
      air gunners badge in very good condition.
      Charles
      Charles

Comment

My proud new toy is the airgunners badge, almost flawless, with a very intresting period repair to the catch. A small silver plate was soldered to the badge then the catch was resoldered very well done.
        Warren

Comment

Hi Warren,

Nice to hear you've been "converted". The catch repair doesn't surprise me either. A lot of the early (first pattern) Juncker Pilot's badges I've seen have either had the catch broken off or repaired. I was thinking for a while that badges with intact catches didn't exist!

I agree with Jody's comments about their LW Flak badge too - very chunky which falls short of detail compared to my early nickel-silver Brehmer-Markneu Kirchen example.

Regards
          Mike K
          Regards
          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Bare with me guys I finally get to show off my new badge.

Comment

reverse
              The repair is period done with a small flat
              silver plate, filed to fit the indentations of the wreath.
              Warren

Comment

Hi Warren,
                I am sorry to say this, but your badge is fake. Just kidding, super piece. I like your badge a lot.
                Regards,
                Jody

Comment

I have a Juncker pilot badge, early war - with a broken catch. Beautiful detail. I also have 2 Juncker 1st Class Iron Crosses. By far the best as to detail and heft. One is unmarked, the other is L/12. The swastika on these badges looks as if it were laser-cut! And the top meets the beading. Yes, I too love Juncker pieces!

Comment

This and an l/12 screw back KVK and the so called Juncker PAB are all that I have. But this piece far surpases the other Juncker items. And I almost went in schock with your first sentence Jody.
                    Warren

Comment

Nice badge Warren...but I will pass getting "bare" with you....LOL

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X