Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aluminium Beobachter

Dear all,

I wonder if anybody of you has a similar all aluminium Beobachter badge. One collector mentioned to me that the maker of these is MuK, Gablonz. Any proof of that or do you have badges to compare?

What I found most interesting when I saw pictures of this badge owned by another collector was that our badges shared the exact same die faults that you can see e.g. on the upper rims of the wings.

Regarding the detail and feel I assume I have a good one, any good fakes of these all aluminum ones?

Cheers, Frank
    Cheers, Frank

obverse
    Attached Files
    Cheers, Frank

Comment

reverse
      Attached Files
      Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hi Frank. You sure get some great looking badges.

I've never seen an aluminum Observer badge, but based on your scan, the quality, manufacturing and strike detail of that one sure looks good to me. I'd have to guess that it is authentic.

Good question about aluminum fakes...are there any good ones out there?
        Visit my Badge Collection: http://lbmilitaria.homestead.com/home.html

Comment

Hi

I have the exact same badge only in tombak. I've been scratching my head over this one for a long time and had thought it to be an unmarked IMME because of the curve on the right wing (all others are angular), until I saw an IMME badge recently and differences were apparent.

I still don't know who the maker is...
          Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
          Decorations of Germany

Comment

Lorenzo,

Thanks for your kind words but I faint all the time while looking at your collection on your webpage. Actually it is a great reference when shopping on the net, I use it all the time, thanks for a great page!
            I just acquired this Beobachter at the Stuttgart show for a reasonable price, I think it was a great catch. It seems these all aluminium Beobachters are at least known, because Nimmergut lists them extra in his small price guide apart from the Buntmetall and Zink ones. The aluminium ones range in price just between Zink ones and Buntmetall ones (in this guide).

Richard,

how does your badge compare on the reverse?
            Obverse: I see yours does not have the die imperfections on the left wing rim, but I think I see something like the three indentations on the rim of the right one wing, is that right?

Cheers, Frank H.
            Last edited by Frank H; 04-11-2002, 06:24 AM.
            Cheers, Frank

Comment

Frank
              Heres the reverse...

As you look at the badge, there are 3 ridges (feathers) on the left wing rim but none on the right rim. Compare the eagles head and claws, I feel these are EXACTLY the same. Also on the right wing the features also seem the same.

I am convinced these were made from the same die!

Now the questions are ...
              is it a good one and who made it?

Richard
              Decorations of Germany

Comment

Dear Richard,

Thanks for the reverse. As I said I heard these badges were made by AG M u K, Gablonz. I will try to get in contact with the collector again who told me this and see what made him say so.

In the meantime...does anybody have a proven AGMuk Beobachter of any metal that does not look like Richard´s and my badge?

Cheers, Frank H.
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

Here's a much clearer shot of the front

Richard.
                  Decorations of Germany

Comment

ALU BEOB...

Hallo Frank,

Some marker have done in the late time of war aluminium badge.

I have seen an ASSMANN Beobachter in aluminium with the hinge, catch and rivets with later type. I have compared with my Assmann in buntmetal and I can said was original and the eagle loked like to built from the same die.
                    I have seen, always by Assmann, a pilot badge and a pilot-observer badge in aluminium.

Your is looking a good original one, by my opinion. You can see a later type from his rivets and hinge too.

I don't have seen any AGMuk Beob. in alu.

Regards

Ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Dear Ivan,

At the Stuttgart show I have seen a Fliegerschützen mit Blitzbündel that had a Zink eagle and an aluminium wreath. It looked good but I was out of money by the time I found it. Would have been great to meet (I met Claudio Ortelli, what a nice chap!)there, but I didn´t know you were there.

Cheers, Frank
                      Cheers, Frank

Comment

Stuttgart messe

Yes Frank,

I have done some days before a meeting point at Friday for members friends but only Michael came. I would be happy to find you and others. "Shade"

For the next time.

Ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Sorry, Ivan, I have been on a holiday and couldn´t read your post. I went straight from my holiday to the show, I just stayed in email contact with Claudio about meeting there. Which Michael did you meet there, btw?

Cheers, Frank H.
                          Cheers, Frank

Comment

Michael Loeke, He has answer me in the thread I have done in this forum section, you can see from it.

Ciao

Ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Dear Richard,

You are talking suspiciously about your badge. Do you have any reason to believe it might not be good? I think it is very beautiful and looks fine.

Cheers, Frank H.
                              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X