Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange situation with Luftwaffe gunners badges

Hello.

Very strange situation. On scans you can see two badges - the gunner-engineer and the gunner-radio operator. As you see, badges are absolutely identical (except for lightnings of course). Both wreaths and eagles are absolutely identical. The way of fastening of an eagle to a wreath and rivets a little differs. As you see, badges are marked stamps of different manufacturers. Of course, that first my idea was: " It - fakes ". But there can be somebody knows something and can give any other explanations? I can add, that badges looks very well for a regular fake.

http://borgir3.chat.ru/img/luft_gunn...VSjunker_r.jpg
    http://borgir3.chat.ru/img/luft_gunn...ngVSjunker.jpg

Thank you.

The Juncker marked badge is not an original Juncker. This then suggests to me that the OSANG marked badge is therefore also a fake.

Sorry but both these badges are fakes.

Rich
    Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
    Decorations of Germany

Comment

I had a run in with one of these G.H. Osang Air Gunner badges with lightenings a while back myself. Youre right, they are good fakes, even the weights and measurements fall into the parameters of what you would expect from originals. I was lucky enough to have the badge in hand, sent on approval, and spend some time studying it.

What I discovered is that these are cast badges, casting flaws are readily apperant when in hand that are not entirley visible by a picture. I had not seen one before, and found myself in the same situation you are in. Now they seem to be popping up all over the place.

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Mark;

If you take a good look at the Juncker badge presented here, you'll see that it is identical to the Osang that you spoke of the only difference being the name stamped on the badge.

Tony
        Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Dear borgir,

Here is a good Juncker to compare. The most apparent differences are in the eagleĀ“s head and overall detail.

Cheers, Frank

Cheers, Frank

Comment

Youre right Tony, exactly identical!

(this morning when I made my post, I couldnt get the pictures to load)

Funny thing is, this is yet another Osang Air gunner, different to the others I have seen. Damn scary badge too. Someone did a good job on that one. Had they left off the spurious maker mark...I shudder to think how many would be in collections.

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Osang Gunner Badges

Whether somebody can show a photo or give the link to original Osang gunner badge? Who has or saw original Osang badge?

Comment

Here's what I said in Borgir's thread about the Air Gunner Badge:

I have seen a couple of these "Osang" badges here in Paris and they are generally considered to be fakes by the serious collectors who have examined them. Furthermore, I have also seen an identical badge with a Juncker hallmark.
                And then I read this.

There you are!

PK

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X