Pilots badged marked C.E. Junker berlin sw68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilots badged marked C.E. Junker berlin sw68

What do you think of pilots badges marked C.E. JunckerSW 68. I have 2 of them right now and every detail is the same as the C.E Junker marked ones, even the measurements. Has any one had or seen some they know to be fake? I read in the write up (on this site) about the pilot’s badge how the author has never seen one but a collection came strait from a veteran that had one in it. thanks for the help

Come on some one has to know something!!!

Comment

Is it marked "C.E. Juncker Berlin SW68"? Or just "C.E. JunkcerSW 68"? The wording and spacing are decisive features. Please let me know.

Comment

Hi Justin,

As Mike H has indicated, if the Berlin is missing there is a problem to start with. I'd only be comfortable with a 68 in the makers mark if the badge was a later war ZINC example, with a catch plate. ie, I personally think nickel silver/tombak/buntmetal "68" marked Juncker Pilot and PO badges are repros. If you are comparing a 68 marked badge to a badge without the 68 marking and they are the same, then I would be questioning the non-68 marked badge as well. From what I've seen, the 68 marked repros do not have all the characteristics of genuine Juncker Pilot or PO badges. For any sort of definitive opinion, you're going to have to post of e-mail some images.

Regards
        Mike K
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

At first glance I would have problems with the rivets, hinge, and catch assemblys on both badges. Not the style normally seen on a Juncker badge.
                Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Hello,

Yup, The pin, hinge and catch certainly don't look Junckers to me.

Cheers and Roo
                  Kevin S

Comment

Hinge, pin, catch, rivets and swastika give me doubts. Just not the norm for Juncker pieces. Could be late war zinc, but the quality is not what is expected from a Juncker badge.

Just my 2 pfennings worth, sorry...

Comment

Any one got a nice junker they could post?

Comment

Aside from the details already mentioned, these have no detail compared to any Juncker badge I have seen. They look cast to me.

Go to the main website and take a look at the Pilot badge and Pilot/Observer badge sections. You will quickly understand what I mean.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/war_.../luftwaffe.htm

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

These badges look like reproductions to me. What do the other thread participants think?

Yuri

Comment

Check these two pages out from my site. The first is a page full of Juncker pilot badges.
                            http://members.tripod.com/warbadges/...ges_page_3.htm

The 2nd is a page of wing tips for comparison purposes.
                            http://members.tripod.com/warbadges/...dges_page4.htm

Hope this helps.
                            David Tiffin
                            "They were the Leathernecks, the old breed of American regular, regarding the service as home and war an occupation!" (John Thomason, Jr. Fix Bayonets)

Comment

Definately not Juncker - those style pins are predominantly on reproduction badges.
                              ERIC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X