B&NL Paratrooper Good or Bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B&NL Paratrooper Good or Bad

Did not like this one from the start as the eagle appears to have a cast look. Almost certain its dodgy but included for members reference and comments. Maybe I'm wrong.

Again photos to follow courtesy Mark Schroeder
    Regards, Rob
    Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Para badge pictures

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Here’s one for you to compare to. Unfortunately cheap camera equals cheap photos.

Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Hi Rob,

I tend to agree with you about the cast look - there appear to be tiny pockmarks on the back of the eagle. From memory, the B&NL LW Para Badge used the same wreath as their Pilot's Badge (also very similar to Assmann wreaths). This wreath does not look like a B&NL wreath. The easiest distinguishing feature (imo) is missing on this badge. On the reverse, to the right of the left hand rivet, on the inside edge of the wreath, there should be a "notch". A lot of good casts of B&NL wreaths have been made though so this is not a be-all and end-all feature but if it's not there to begin with then imo something is definitely wrong.

Regards
        Mike K
        Regards
        Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Hi Mike,
          thanks for that insight about the notch, never noticed it before. And as you said although not a be-all and end-all feature it's another good tip.
          for anyone who likes my BN&L can be seen at http://pmilitaria2.tripod.com/page10.html

Comment

Not Even Close!

Gentlemen,

The two eagles look nothing alike. The head and feather pattern on the first eagle is completely different from the second. It would be quite something for these two badges to have originated from the same manufacturer.

Ask Prosper or Eric. They can be a lot more diminutive on the subject.
            Cheers,

Bill Moran

Comment

Can't tell from Rhudspith's photos, but I've been told that the B&N L badge should have the two dots between the oak and laurel leaves at the top of the wreath.
              Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Here a pic of my B&NL what I notce the most is Snigleys Badge and mine are extremely concaved to the reverse wreath and of course the hinge and rivets are different from the first badge.
                Warren

Comment

Front view

Comment

Thanks for your comments, like the tip on the notch.

Regards
                    Rob
                    Regards, Rob
                    Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Hi rhudspith,

by my opinion the metal used for the construction of the eagle is very poor, never I have seen in an original one so poor and mixed badly, it seems metal from East Europe.

the mark doesn't have the characteristics of the usual mark B&N L.

Ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X