Luftwaffe night fighter for opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe night fighter for opinions

Anyone have an opinion on this,personally dont think its quite right but welcome your comments.
    SAM_5390.JPG SAM_5391.JPG SAM_5392.JPG SAM_5393.JPG SAM_5394.JPG SAM_5396.JPG

Troy
    Attached Files

First I will start with the usual comment about the painted wreath, it could have been done last week.

The badge has the usual 'Junker' flaws in the arrow, while the hinge, wide pin and hook are what I would expect to see . The reverse shows the typical junker construction and filing and manufacturing techniques. The maker mark is fake, it's in the usual position that Osang uses on its clasps and I have never seen a marked junker Day Fighter.

If the badge is fake it is a very dangerous one. I think its a 'enhanced' original

Comment

Originally posted by kefru177 View Post
      First I will start with the usual comment about the painted wreath, it could have been done last week.

The badge has the usual 'Junker' flaws in the arrow, while the hinge, wide pin and hook are what I would expect to see . The reverse shows the typical junker construction and filing and manufacturing techniques. The maker mark is fake, it's in the usual position that Osang uses on its clasps and I have never seen a marked junker Day Fighter.

If the badge is fake it is a very dangerous one. I think its a 'enhanced' original
      Thank you for your very detailed description .
      Luftwaffe clasps are not something I collect and don't know much about.
      I bought it for the same price a cheap fake would sell for so was worth a gamble.

Troy

Comment

Today, 03:46 PM
        Hi,

IMO in general the clasp is a good one, but the manufacturer is not correct and I am not sure concerning the night fighter.

Kr Markus

Comment

Originally posted by sniper11 View Post
          Today, 03:46 PM
          Hi,

IMO in general the clasp is a good one, but the manufacturer is not correct and I am not sure concerning the night fighter.

Kr Markus
          Thanks Markus

Comment

A complete idiot devalued a beautiful clasp.
            Best regards waterloo

Comment

I agree, original clasp, fake maker mark. The black painted wreath on a tombak example always needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.
              Kind regards,
              Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Originally posted by Giel VW View Post
                I agree, original clasp, fake maker mark. The black painted wreath on a tombak example always needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.
                There are many dealers who will happily add a 'night fighter' premium to this badge (say 300 Euro) even though there is no evidence it was wartime.

The person who added the maker mark did it to enhance the badge, I am in little doubt that they added the paint as well. The paint is well done, the MM just crap

Comment

Thanks very much gents some quite useful information with regards to the wreath and makers mark.

I have had a message from a member who is interested in purchasing the clasp, I know valuation can vary from collector to collector and what they are willing to pay can anyone suggest a reasonable asking price taking into account the negatives?

Troy

Comment

Originally posted by waterloo View Post
                    A complete idiot devalued a beautiful clasp.
                    Best regards waterloo
                    Quite right, senseless greed .

Comment

Originally posted by sniper11 View Post
                      Thanks very much gents some quite useful information with regards to the wreath and makers mark.

I have had a message from a member who is interested in purchasing the clasp, I know valuation can vary from collector to collector and what they are willing to pay can anyone suggest a reasonable asking price taking into account the negatives?

Troy
                      Well weitze has a Junker Silver Tombak 'Night' Fighter Clasp for 1400 euro https://www.weitze.net/militaria/17/...r__268817.html which is eye wateringly high and 200 euro more than I paid for my cased Silver Day Fighter clasp.

It clearly has the 'night fighter tax' even though you don't know when it was actually painted. Yours in in better condition and not cracked like the weitze example.

I would say £700 considering its got a fake MM and at best questionable paint

Comment

Thank you Kefru for sharing your extensive knowledge and valuation,your estimation of £700 is much better than I expected.

Troy
                        Last edited by sniper11; 09-09-2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X