Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ Qualification Badge Engraved - any thoughts or guidance appreciated

Hi all,
    Further learning as a new FJ collector, looking for any guidance or advice on metal qualification awards.
    I have one award, cased and make marked CE JUNKER Berlin, the badge measures 5cm from top to bottom and 4cm across and approximately 1cm deep, with a gentle curve from outer edges to the middle of the award.
    Flat pin to reverse. The back itself is engraved '2/Fallschirm-Jager Rgt 3' on one side between the top and bottom of the pin placement and on the other reads 'Ober Lt (with an underscore beneath the Lt) Erich Fritzsch'. I am no expert on typography but would class it as gothic style or serif lettering.
    The badge is in a box measuring 8cm x 7.5cm with an approximate depth of 3/3.2cm. The box is a deep blue color outside with a deep blue interior and an accompanying stick pin which is I assume a '57 version. The box has writing, although very worn in gilt stamped on the front. Box itself appears to be made of 'box' wood or something similar.
    Apologies for lots of 'fingers and hands' in some of the shots and any guidance or feedback greatly welcomed!

Paul

Attached Files

You don't need to worry about the engraving, the whole badge is fake.
    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Hi Jeff, thanks for responding and just for the sake of my learning, here are my take aways from looking at other Junker para badges, will you flag where I may be in the right direction from the following points?

Inscription - first flag is that I have never seen one that detailed and normally anything on the back is scraped by hand such as initials.
      The swastika, is it a bit fat on the arms.
      The eagle eye - more often a distinct hole.
      The top of the pin is curved and normally round rather than flat and straight.
      The bottom catch of the pin, if in this form is normally of thicker metal and also on some form of base or plinth when attaching to the back of the wreath. This same attachment is normally brass.(in color)
      The general patina of the metal on the back, not sure what would cause this.
      The 2 securing pins where the eagle attaches to the wreath are normally brass in color and more 'raised' in profile.
      The Junkers marking is normally more of a stamp and goes deeper into the metal a sin pressed in, this looks much finer and not stamped.

Am I in the right direction on any of those points? Want to make sure I can learn something from it!

I see you are in Holland by the way :-)

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Comment

The badge and case are both fakes. The badge is especially poorly done. Studying the originals is the best way to learn.
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
          The badge and case are both fakes. The badge is especially poorly done. Studying the originals is the best way to learn.
          Hi Willi, thanks for feeding back, would any of the following be sensible points to learn from or relevant (most drawn from comparing to known original examples):

Inscription - first flag is that I have never seen one that detailed and normally anything on the back is scraped by hand such as initials.
          The bottom catch of the pin, if in this form is normally of thicker metal and also on some form of base or plinth when attaching to the back of the wreath. This same attachment is normally brass.(in color)
          The 2 securing pins where the eagle attaches to the wreath are normally brass in color and more 'raised' in profile.
          The Junkers marking is normally more of a stamp and goes deeper into the metal a sin pressed in, this looks much finer and not stamped.

Best wishes,

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
            You don't need to worry about the engraving, the whole badge is fake.
            Hi Jeff,

Just figured out how to quote!! Would any of these points be relevant take aways, form comparing other originals:

Best wishes,

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul, a picture is worth a thousand words it has been said. Here are some pics of an original set recently posted recently on the forum for you to compare.https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...eichen-juncker
              Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Poorly made attempt on faking an Juncker badge (BSW eagle/wreath also done bad)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
                  Hi Paul, a picture is worth a thousand words it has been said. Here are some pics of an original set recently posted recently on the forum for you to compare.https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...eichen-juncker
                  Thanks Jeff!

Comment

Fake ,both are not original
                    Carlo

Comment

An easy fake for me as well.

Paul1, I would highly recommend becoming an Association Member so you can see our database of original badges and will teach you alot, best $35 you can spend in this hobby:

https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...atrooper?f=257

Tom
                      If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
                      [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                      Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Durante View Post

Paul1, I would highly recommend becoming an Association Member so you can see our database of original badges and will teach you alot, best $35 you can spend in this hobby:

Tom
                        Thanks Tom, sounds like a great idea, thanks for the tip.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Durante View Post

Tom
                          Hi Tom,

Just checked my status and I am an association member already. Is there a special part of the site to go to for the database or is it just through the threads?

Best wishes,

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul1 View Post

Hi Tom,

Just checked my status and I am an association member already. Is there a special part of the site to go to for the database or is it just through the threads?

Best wishes,

Paul
                            If you are in the main forum index, scroll down the page and go to the 'Originals gallery', than choose Luftwaffe awards and than you can click on the sub-forum Paratrooper.

Jelle

Comment

Originally posted by Jelle M. View Post

If you are in the main forum index, scroll down the page and go to the 'Originals gallery', than choose Luftwaffe awards and than you can click on the sub-forum Paratrooper.

Jelle
                              Hi Jelle,

Many thanks, got it!

Best wishes,

Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X