FOR REVIEW: Assmann FJ Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOR REVIEW: Assmann FJ Badge

Hello Gents - I request your help and opinions on this FJ badge. I don't own a copy of Tom's book (still searching for one). Anyway, I have looked online at other resources, including the WAF Database regarding this particular badge. I am leaning towards a bad (fake) badge, but a nice bad badge (if that makes sense?). I appreciate comments if I am correct or not in that assessment? The pins certainly look off. Thanks, Dan
    Attached Files

Hi Dan,

This one is indeed a fake. Decent attempt, especially with the hardware but the biggest red flag is the rivets and also the eagle detail. Study the feathering compared with a known original and you will see the differences.

Tom
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Dan,
      Agree with Tom and your assessment, well made but still a repro. The first thing about this one I notice is the extra long face.
      Alan

Comment

No doubt about it: this one is a forgery. The hardware is an admiral effort, however the rivets and eagle detail are the most glaring issues. Compare the feathering to an authentic example to observe the variations. geometry dash

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X