Juncker Pilot Badge for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juncker Pilot Badge for review

May I ask for your opinion on this Juncker Fallschirmschützenabzeichen? Any specification which type it could be? Many thanks for your advice.

1.jpg
    2.jpg

Perfect Juncker and as Jelle pointed out on previous thread kind of beat up but that is great lots of character on this one. I believe this is type E

Comment

Originally posted by jlga View Post
      ... and as Jelle pointed out on previous thread
      Thanks Juan, but which previous thread would that be?

Comment

https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...he-best-design

Comment

If price is good go for it also wait for other comments

Comment

Yes, I see: you refer to the beat up condition. Not that this badge has recently been shown in another thread.

Comment

[QUOTE=wrongplanet67;n11738479]

Yes, I see: you refer to the beat up condition. Not that this badge has recently been shown in another thread.

[/QUOTE

Comment

Wow! That was quick: I usually have to wait years between new finds and you get 2 in a week!

Wait for the experts but I think its a type "D"" according to Tom's para badge classification. Original but it does show enough flaws to be a great example of what Jelle was talking about and not a very good match for the the great looking J2 Pilot you shared recently ...

IMO:

1) Weird/mishaped swaz outline

2) Butchered 1st talon cut out (eagle breast is "squared off")

3) No oxidized finish on wreath

4) Sharpened pin (was probably blunt like your pilot pin originally)

Mine is a far cry from the best one around but you can see the differences. Personally, I would wait for a better one

Cheers

JC

Attached Files

Comment

Love the one posted, the 3 I once owned all had the butchered 1st talon and the smaller arm on the swas..
                  There probably was a need to butcher that eagle.., swastika less pronounced, swas too thick or something.., must say it stands out much more that way.

Jos

Comment

Thanks for the advice and explanation, guys. Yes, I'll wait patiently for a better example.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X