Help with IMME pilot badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with IMME pilot badge

I need some help with this pilot badge as Luft badges are not my area of collecting... thanks for any help as it is appreciated very much.
    Regards,
    Michael H. luftpilot obv1.JPG luftpilot rev1.JPG

Hi Michael,

that badge is a reproduction.
    It's not a bad looking fake but it has not much in common with a genuine IMME pilot.
    Based upon the white paint on the bird and goldish looking wreath i think this example is trying to imitate a po.
    The wreath is wrong and also the bird looks like a weak casting of a J2 eagle. Hardware is off as well.
    I have only seen a cut-out in the talons on the first and second pattern of the true IMME pilot... this is obviously not one of these.
    Save your money.

Jelle

Comment

Originally posted by Jelle M. View Post
      Hi Michael,

that badge is a reproduction.
      It's not a bad looking fake but it has not much in common with a genuine IMME pilot.
      Based upon the white paint on the bird and goldish looking wreath i think this example is trying to imitate a po.
      The wreath is wrong and also the bird looks like a weak casting of a J2 eagle. Hardware is off as well.
      I have only seen a cut-out in the talons on the first and second pattern of the true IMME pilot... this is obviously not one of these.
      Save your money.

Jelle
      Thanks for the fast reply, I will pass on this badge.
      Regards,
      Michael H.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X