Night fighter clasp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night fighter clasp

Hello everyone one i need you expert opinion please regarding the clasp the clasp is original for sure i posted in E stand but someone Doubted the black painting please you opinion is highly appreciate it
    Attached Files

more pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

The badge itself looks OK, but impossible to know when the black finish was applied on the wreath. A shot of the reverse would be helpful to, but I believe the clasp and hanger are original.

Tom
      If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
      [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Durante View Post
        The badge itself looks OK, but impossible to know when the black finish was applied on the wreath. A shot of the reverse would be helpful to, but I believe the clasp and hanger are original.

Tom
        Yet dealers continue to apply a premium to "night fighter" clasps. I could get £500 more for my cased silver fighter clasp by applying some matt black humbrol enamel and creating an aged wear pattern.

Comment

I agree some dealers could do shamelessly acts to get more money for the Products and some are highly honest dealers for this clasp i bought it from Bill Shea from what i heard he is one of the honest dealers and life time guarantee her is more pictures for the wreath for you Thomas please let me know if you need more detailed pictures maybe i will shot some pictures in professional studio for high quality detailed pics
          Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the additional pics, it certainly looks like a fine original Osang to me. Hard to be sure about the black paint though, without getting it tested there is no way to be 100% sure its wartime done.

Tom
              If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
              [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
              Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks Tom for the feedback

Comment

The black paint looks good although as Tom points out, difficult to say for certain.

Here is one I picked up recently made by Juncker with original Black Paint.

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                    The black paint looks good although as Tom points out, difficult to say for certain.

Here is one I picked up recently made by Juncker with original Black Paint.

Stan
                    How do you know the paint is original ?

I am not suggesting its not btw, its a nice looking clasp

Comment

It is almost impossible to say if the black paint is original or post-war applied. However, the clasp I have was sitting on the shelf of a vets garage for 70 years so has a good chance!

Comment

Has a chance, but only a photo is not enough. Only hand inspection gives the correct answer. Sorry but it is only my 3 cents
                        KR
                        Jacek

Comment

And one more thought ...
                          The longer I am in the subject, the more careful I am and I believe only in confirmed artifacts, if I can not personally check
                          Attached Files

Comment

That's gorgeous. I have seen it before but it still makes my day.

Stan

Comment

The gold nightfighter and certificate are amazing.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X