Junker paratrooper homework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junker paratrooper homework

I'm really trying to do my homework on this Junker paratrooper badge. I've gone through the originals gallery and find that it compares most closely to the one in the photo (mine is at left, the gallery example is at right.) I'm guessing that mine is bad. Can one of you more knowledgeable guys confirm that?

Many thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

A better photo of mine. The detail of the leaves is really not as good. That's why I think it's bad. But I'd still like confirmation one way or the other if I could.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ken,

i'm afraid your badge is indeed a cast fake.
      The details are very weak on the obverse and also the hardware is very different from Juncker.
      If you look closely you can also spot pitting on the wreath reverse, always a bad sign!

Jelle

Comment

I agree Ken, a cast fake. The weak details and soft edges are the red flags here. I think if you were to take some measurements you would see that it is smaller than an original Juncker as well.

Tom
        If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
        [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
        Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks guys. It's really not a disappointment as I had no illusions as to it being real. Just wanted to verify before tossing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken N View Post
            I'm really trying to do my homework on this Junker ...
            JunCker.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X