VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a Wilhelm Hobacher with Wiedmann catch??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a Wilhelm Hobacher with Wiedmann catch??

Hello Gents,

Would appreciate help in identifying this unmarked Flak Badge.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

reverse....
    Attached Files

Comment

Doug its a hobatcher with a rettenmaier hardware call the silverback. You also have the grey back. These are controversy and nothing proves yet theybare war time. We simply dont know. Possibly we are dealing with war time parts and post war assembly.

Seb
      The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
      Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available
      www.luftwaffepilotbook@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks, Seb. Interesting. I've been displaying it for over 25 years now, as an original.

This particular badge came via a hotel-buy here in the States.

Comment

Lots of interesting things with Rettenmaier. Were they supplying others or vice versa? At this point we don’t know. Surely looks like a Hobacher die with Rett hardware. As Seb says there are a lot of unknowns here. I don’t see anything that says postwar - that’s just a possibility. We may be looking at

1) Hobacher sold a die to Rettenmaier
          2) Hobacher used the same hardware company at some point
          3) parts left over after the war were thrown together
          4) a Hobacher was sent back for repair and whoever did it used that hardware
          5) I could go on

Looks like very high quality silver plating. I wouldn’t be too fast to condemn it.

Comment

Originally posted by Medal Men View Post
            Lots of interesting things with Rettenmaier. Were they
            supplying others or vice versa? At this point we don’t know. Surely looks like a Hobacher die with Rett hardware. As Seb says there are a lot of unknowns here. I don’t see anything that says postwar - that’s just a possibility. We may be looking at

1) Hobacher sold a die to Rettenmaier
            2) Hobacher used the same hardware company at some point
            3) parts left over after the war were thrown together
            4) a Hobacher was sent back for repair and whoever did it used that hardware
            5) I could go on

Looks like very high quality silver plating. I wouldn’t be too fast to condemn it.
            Thanks, Marc, for your input and observations. The silver finish on it is in fact very nice -- near 98%; far better and brighter than my pics convey.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X