Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Luftwaffe badge & eagles display case

Hello Gents,

Since everything is closed here in the States, and the weather is chilly in the Midwest, had some time today to do some reorganization of one of my Luftwaffe display cases. I know this is a badge forum, so hope the cloth eagles don't distract too much!
    Attached Files

Hi Doug,

beautiful display my friend!
    Buy some new empty boxes so you can fill them again

Jelle

Comment

Nice birds there.

greeting

Comment

Doug,
        Excellent display of some very nice LW items. Don't listen to Jelle, instead of buying more cases, just cram the items up tighter 'til there ain't enough space left to add anything else.

Then again, don't listen to me; I'm so cheap on buying the accessories to display my items that all of my medals and badges have spent almost 30 years in shoe boxes!
        Dale

Comment

Excellent collection Doug. Very nice!

Seb
          The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
          Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available
          www.luftwaffepilotbook@gmail.com

Comment

very nice

Extremely nice presentation you have there Doug!
            Well done
            Steve

Comment

Doug,

What a wonderful display. As you stated, although this is a badge section it was nice to see the breast eagles which were all in wonderful condition. I especially liked the tagged and bagged one!

Keep filling those cases, before you know it you will have a whole safe or room full!

Gary B
              ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Thanks, Guys, for the comments.

Jelle, I've already got a bigger "empty box", that I'm working on filling up.

(I know, some of the cases are not a perfect match with the particular badge, but I'm working on that, slowly but surely.)
                Attached Files

Comment

Great displays

Comment

Very, very impressive lots of quality and nearly all cased too, another great display mate.

Jordan

Comment

Great stuff, Douglas..! Love your eagles ..

Just one thing, unfortunately the 2 bevo eagles at the bottom of the display are not original IMO.
                      They should look like the original Bevo or flat wire between the bomber clasp and the Flak badge ..
                      The fake type, we call the Hunchback as can be noticed between the wings.
                      When compared to each other you'll find other differences also.
                      The Hunchback is a look a like from the 70's at least.
                      The original Bevo eagles didn't come in slightly different designs, except that there was a Bevo type and a silver flat wire type, both were same design.
                      There's another known fake, design even closer to the original, it was probably a second try, but fortunately this type also shows some errors..

Jos

Comment

Thanks Jordan, oberfw, and Jos.

Jos, I'll pull these eagles out when I get a chance, and take a closer look at them. Maybe I can send you some close-up scans. Interestingly, one of the eagles came from Wolfe/Hardin, but I guess anyone can make a mistake.

Comment

Agreed, very nice displays
                          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

You are a hoarder and have it bad.

Troy

Comment

Great display! I love the eagles with the badges, it looks nice.
                              Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X