Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot Badge from Knight's Cross holder

Hello,

here is now the pilot badge from Ernst Süß, KC holder. The pilot badge with a field repair. The setup from the back was removed and a field made disc was attached.
    The badge itselfs has some repairs of the eagle on the back.
    IMO a nice worn piece.
    Attached Files

Wow, thats a nice looking badge, I like such pieces with a story behind.

Matt

Comment

Nicely worn Assmann pilot badge.
      Modification surely looks period.
      Beauty!

Comment

Nice piece with history

Mike

Comment

Ok. it is Assmann PB. It is not my intention to depreciate this badge. You are all in agreement that this is a war time modification, which testifies?. I just want to ask, what's the evidence?, because I don't know
          sorry ... only my 3 cents
          Jacek

Comment

Hey Jacek,

sure, it is on every "repaired" piece a question if it was wartime made or not.

In this case i can say that the holder/ receiptment was Ernst Süß. He died / was shot while hanging in his parachute by an allied pilot on Dec., 20th 1943.
            The awards and badges were given to his family and now sold by his grandson to a German Dealer who sold the KC, DKiG and pilot badge to me.
            All this items weren't on the marked before, they came directly from the family.
            All these awards and badges belonged to him, this is proven.

Comment

Hi Oliver
              Ok. If it comes directly from the family and you are sure of it, the discussion becomes pointless. However in the case of such alterations, however, I am always skeptical. We have to believe a word
              greetings
              Jacek
              Ps:
              e.g a photo of a badge on the uniform would be 100% proof

Comment

I will show what I mean, these PAB cut out are also difficult to assess.
                Jacek
                ps: my badge but photos by dealer
                Attached Files

Comment

But don't you think is easier to compare a cut out PAB with a pilot badge ?

A cut out PAB you can see on a pic like yours....but a pilot badge with field repaired disc you can not see on a pic because the disc is behind the uniform.

So...you can not compare a cut out PAB with a pilot badge i have shown.

Comment

Nice PB that you posted, I like the field modification

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by der_alte View Post
                      But don't you think is easier to compare a cut out PAB with a pilot badge ?

A cut out PAB you can see on a pic like yours....but a pilot badge with field repaired disc you can not see on a pic because the disc is behind the uniform.

So...you can not compare a cut out PAB with a pilot badge i have shown.

Not necessarily, if the badge has a pin it is mounted on a loop, then you can see the pin better or worse
                      Understand me well, I do not want to depreciate this badge, but for German quality, the conversion seems messy to me.
                      For comparison look here
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1035871
                      Jacek

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X