Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schwerin

Hi all,

3 of my schwerin's, not the best image, but they are just an amazing maker.

Great shot Tim!! You made me want to whip out the camera and take some pictures of my Schwerins too. Again, it's not the best image but it shows just how great these badges are. Besides EKs, Kreigsmarine badges are definately my favorite. For years I have had a few KM badges in my collection. Recently, with the help of a forum member, I was able to sell of my old badges and replace them with these. I figured if I like the Navy badges so much, I might as well go with the best.

The Coastal Arty is actually a Junker, but it's nice enough to be included with the Schwerins. .

Brian

Comment

reverse...

Comment

Hi Brian,

Spectacular!!

I also have the Junker costal, but mine has no gilding left on it. Some beaut examples there. I especially love the Auxiliary Cruiser, haven't picked one up yet, so great to see yours.

Comment

Mine

Here are my Schwerin KM badges.

George
          George

Comment

Dear Brian R,

Am I mistaken or wasn´t it you that recently said in some thread that some items shown in this forum will never make it into your modest collection? I am puzzled, since you already have some very fine badges. The MARKED Schwerin Auxiliary badge is quite rare with that fire guilding.

Cheers, Frank H.
            Cheers, Frank

Comment

Good call Frank!!!

While I would generally consider my collection to be modest, I have splurged once or twice over the years on a few items - with the best example being the Aux. Cruiser badge above. It is actually the most expensive item in my collection (expensive especially because I picked it up very recently). It also came with it's original blue cardboard case. I will post pictures of that tonight when I get home.

One way I try to get nice items is to upgrade pieces I have had in my collection for some time. For example I just picked up that Destroyer badge above and sold my SHuCo version to help finance it. While it would be nice to have both I just can't really swing it. There are many other badges however, that I don't think I'll ever own such as the First Type Eboat badge and Silver Uboat Combat clasp George has shown above or the highly regarded Knights Cross. I think my chances of coming up with the dough for these items is quite slim.

In the long run though, I still do think my collection is relatively modest when seeing some of the incredible groups presented on this forum - for example the Knight's Cross groups Andy Hopkins has been showing lately or the various groups we often see on the Document forum.

Brian
              Last edited by Brian R; 10-14-2002, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Here are my Schwerin badges, one of them is a fake can anyone spot it?

best regards

Comment

Reverse
                  Attached Files

Comment

Excellent Badges, Hannibal!!!!

...except for the HSF in the middle of course

Comment

Here's some close-ups of the Auxillary Cruiser badge from above. I was lucky enough to recently add this to my collection from a member of the forum. Here's the badge with its original box...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Obverse...

Comment

Reverse...

Comment

Nice Badge

Brian:

That's a great looking Badge! I guess I will have to add another badge to my never ending want list.

However, I am confused about the awarding criteria for this badge and the Fleet War Badge. What I have read and understood about these badges were that they were basically awarded for the same thing (amount of tonnage sank, long range missions, K.I.A, good conduct, etc) with the only difference being the naval component in which a person served (regular navy vs. reserve/auxiliary). Was this some sort of “class” struggle between the regular navy and the auxiliary... because why would they have created a different badge for same type of actions?

John

Comment

Dear Brian,

I have got one of these beauties as well:
                              Attached Files
                              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X