Aux Cruiser Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aux Cruiser Badge

DEar Collectors I would like to ask you for opinion about this Cruiser Badge. Thank you
    Attached Files

I think this has a chance. Please get a better shot of the eagle, one that isn't so blurred.
    Interesting that the rivet on the reverse didn't fully extend to the backplate holding the globe if that is a dimple from the rivet that attaches the globe to the badge.
    NormF did a great job with classifications of the Hilfskreuzerabzeichen. Some other interesting points are near the sail and wreath, there is a bit of metal that is obtrusive to the reverse of the badge. Clearly seen in the backside shot you provided.
    Please take a profile shot also of the reverse hinge and how it is attached to the backplate.

Thanks,
    JustinG

Comment

I agree with Justin, looks like original wartime compatible Souval
      Cheers,
      Hubert

Comment

I also think that it is a good wartime compatible Souval.

There is no rivet on these R.S awards,they are of one piece construction with no separately attached globe.

Cheers,Martin.

Comment

Hmm. Interesting, the RS being a one piece construction. So then why would the dye create this flaw on the back where a "rivet" might be? The Reference section showed an obverse eagle design but didn't showcase a Reverse of the RS Hilfskreuzer badge. Thanks for the clarification MartinW.

Best Regards,
          JustinG

Comment

That blob off the midline on the reverse is likely just a drop of solder from a messy job when attaching the catch -- not a die flaw. Here's Martin's example in the database thread:
            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...48#post1947048

Best regards,
            ---Norm

Comment

Norm,
              Yes that was curious for me too , but alls good a nice badge !

Kind regards Chay

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X