3rd type e boat badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd type e boat badge

OK guys here is the scoop, I feel fine with this award to be honest. All the dimensions are correct and overall good feel. BUT...there is hardly anything around to reference and i have seen a couple of good copies in the last few days lets see what the consenses is. I think i might have to post a few of my good awards before i get start getting approached with a gold uboat clasps and luftwaffe tank badges.

obverse

Comment

pin and catch
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dale,

Unfortunately that is a fake Baqueville badge. The dead giveaway is the pin- the way it narrows near the hinge and it is also too rounded. Don't buy it or return it if you have.

Comment

Dear Dale,

My impression is a bad one to be honest. In my opinion one of the known castings of the Bacqueville E-Boat. Especially pin and catch (the snipped off tip!) did work out bad. If you search, I had posted parallel comparisons of a fake and a good one in a past thread.
          Cheers, Frank

Comment

Noooooooooooooooo. Holy cow. this one had me. What do you do? Fortunatly i am still have recourse and can get rid of it. Well im going to do some posting as i need some re-assurance.

Thank you guys
            Last edited by Dale; 03-21-2005, 06:52 PM. Reason: missed something

Comment

DonĀ“t waste time, Dale, take it back, there is no chance it is good. Definitely and honestly.
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hi Frank, i meant that im going to post some other finds of mine because im feeling a bit uneasy at the moment. Ya i will sent this one back but it slipped by my gut feeling which is the hard thing to deal with. Well, more time reading the achives. I learned years ago from guys like you that if you let it get the best of you then you may as well give up collecting, and i wont do that.

Comment

That's the spirit, Dale!
                  Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X