Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aux badge opinions please

Hi.

I need your opinions on this aux badge. The globe is a seperate piece, but it is seems like it is glued on since it does not have a rivet. The badge is not in my hands so all I got are these pictures. The badge itself has some cracks and it looks like there are several tiny holes in the metal. It looks like a Juncker made badge, but without the rivet and with all the design errors (eagle, globe etc.) compared to the "normal" Juncker badges that you often see, I would appreciate if some of you that has good knowledge about Juncker to make your opinions on this one.

Regards,
    André
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Seperate globe
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi André,
        It looks like textbook tombak Juncker AC in well worn condition. Such cracs are typical for this maker.
        How do you know there is no rivet on the reverse? Do you have this badge in hand or saying based on that images since from enclosed images you just cannot see this IMO.
        Cheers,
        Hubert

Comment

Hi Hubert.

The owner of the badge told me that there is no rivet on this one.
          Here is a picture that shows that there is no rivet. Again.. sorry for the bad quality. It could of course be that the rivet is really banged up and that is what is showing on the pictures, but I'm not sure since I don't have it in hand.

It is really nice to hear that this is an original Juncker badge. I have never seen them without the rivet before (if that really is the case here though).

Regards,
          André
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NOR_collector View Post
            It could of course be that the rivet is really banged up and that is what is showing on the pictures, but I'm not sure since I don't have it in hand.
            Hi André,

I agree, there is indeed a rivet of sorts on the photo. The badge has been hand vaulted which probably caused the riveted globe to separate, which was then re-inforced, either by hammering the rivet flat or by creating a home-made rivet out of Tombak. Whatever the exact method, you can see the flattened remains of the effort.

Best regards,
            ---Norm
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X