Kriegsmarinewerft badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarinewerft badge

Hi, I need help with Kriegsmarinewerft badge.

I dont know which Kriegsmarinewerft badge is?

Number Z and number of Worker.

Thank for help.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Norm F; 08-04-2019, 10:47 AM. Reason: uploaded the linked images

Kriegsmarine werft

no opinions or experiences?

Comment

I don't know the answer but here's a pin that's no doubt from the same manufacturer that was described on ratisbon's 2 years ago as:
      "...worker's tag for employees working at the "KMW" (Kriegsmarinewerft) IV. "5850" numbered. This tag could refer to "Dock IV" of Kriegsmarinewerft Wilhelmshafen."

I guess that doesn't get us close to knowing what dock "Z" refers to?

I don't suppose it has anything to do with "Plan Z" for expansion of the Kriegsmarine? -- Just a long shot. From German wikipedia:

"Um, wie es der Z-Plan vorsah, noch größere Kriegsschiffe bauen zu können, wurden 1936 Planungen für den Bau einer am Nordhafen gelegenen Großwerft aufgenommen. Die Werft sollte 30.000 Mitarbeiter beschäftigen und über drei Trockendocks von je 360 Meter Länge an der Westseite des Hafens verfügen. Die Werkstätten sollten nördlich und westlich des Hafenbeckens in jeweils drei Reihen von Gebäuden entstehen. Der 1937 begonnene Bau dieser Nordwerft war Teil des 4. Bauabschnitts, wurde aber bis zum Ende des Zweiten Weltkriegs nicht beendet.

Auf Weisung der britischen Militärregierung wurden die Werftanlagen vollkommen zerstört. Das bereits weitgehend fertiggestellte Baudock VII wurde 1948 ebenso gesprengt wie nach und nach alle Gebäude, Kajen und sonstigen Anlagen. Lediglich das Schnürbodengebäude blieb als Werkshalle erhalten. Das Werftgelände blieb bis in die 1970er Jahre ein Trümmerbereich. Die nicht zugeschüttete Baugrube des Reparaturdocks VIII wurde zeitweise als Badeanstalt genutzt. Im Zuge des modernen Ausbaus des Nordhafens wurde sie als dessen westliches Becken hergerichtet
      ."

Crude translation:

"In order to build bigger warships, as the Z-plan envisaged, in 1936 plans were added to build a large shipyard at the North Harbor. The shipyard should employ 30,000 people and have three dry docks, each 360 meters long on the west side of the harbor. The workshops should occur north and west of the dock in three rows of buildings. The construction of this Northern Shipyard, begun in 1937, was part of the fourth phase of construction, but was not completed until the end of World War II.

Under the direction of the British military government, the shipyards were completely destroyed. The already virtually completed building dock VII in 1948 as well as blown up gradually all the buildings, quays and other facilities. Only the Schnürbodengebäude remained as workshop. The shipyard remained a debris field until the 1970s. The non-filled-excavation of the repair docks VIII was temporarily used as a bathhouse. In the course of the modern expansion of the North Port was prepared as its western basin."

Best regards,
      ---Norm
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Norm F; 08-04-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Kriegsmarinewerft pin Kriegsmarine

Does anyone has a wartime picture where this pin was worn please?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X