Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U boat badge opinion.

Hello everyone hope your doing good.

The seller ask 90 € shipped for this uboat badge, the pin catch is missing.......

Your opinion plz thanks and have a great week-end.

I already seen this maker in the past but cant remember the name... Am not as pro like you guys ^^

Attached Files
    Last edited by Norm F; 01-20-2017, 09:54 AM. Reason: uploaded the linked images

Hi,
    This is original Friedrich Orth zincer. But it is missing the catch and is in overall bad condition hence I would reconsider this purchase. Price is not a rip-off but it will be hard to sell for any money if you decide to upgrade it in the future.
    Cheers,
    Hubert

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaZ View Post
      Hi,
      This is original Friedrich Orth zincer. But it is missing the catch and is in overall bad condition hence I would reconsider this purchase. Price is not a rip-off but it will be hard to sell for any money if you decide to upgrade it in the future.
      Cheers,
      Hubert
      Hello and thanks for your opinion, yeah i think the condition is not the best also...

Well if i buy an u boat badge i will keep it thats for sure !

What will be a correct price in your opinion ??

Comment

What Hubert is saying is to reconsider the purchase at any price. There are many websites out there that have U-boat badges for sale, you can research those sites and come up with a price yourself that may or may not be acceptable to the seller.

IMO, it is better to wait for a complete badge unless so rare that a missing catch is not so important as the uniqueness of that badge. Not many KM badges fall into that category, but a few do. Rare AC badges maybe, but these are very specialized collectors that would be interested in them.

This is not one of them.

Price evaluations are very tricky and subjective and difficult at best for consensus.

It invariably angers the seller and that is not the purpose of this forum, meaning to make sellers angry. He has said 90 euros, it is up to you if that is acceptable or not based on your research.

John

Comment

Any price tag is difficult to defend. Condition is so poor and good U-boot badges are relative easy to find. A waste of money in my opinion.

Regards, Wim
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by John Robinson View Post
            What Hubert is saying is to reconsider the purchase at any price. There are many websites out there that have U-boat badges for sale, you can research those sites and come up with a price yourself that may or may not be acceptable to the seller.

IMO, it is better to wait for a complete badge unless so rare that a missing catch is not so important as the uniqueness of that badge. Not many KM badges fall into that category, but a few do. Rare AC badges maybe, but these are very specialized collectors that would be interested in them.

This is not one of them.

Price evaluations are very tricky and subjective and difficult at best for consensus.

It invariably angers the seller and that is not the purpose of this forum, meaning to make sellers angry. He has said 90 euros, it is up to you if that is acceptable or not based on your research.

John

Hello i totally understand you and well to be honnest 90 € for this u boat badge seems not overpriced its a correct price, but as you said not the best condition ever ( there is better u boat badge on lot of website ) and the catch is missing and this make me a little bit...

You know... **** i have a u boat badge but something is missing.... :/

^^

Thank you for your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
              Any price tag is difficult to defend. Condition is so poor and good U-boot badges are relative easy to find. A waste of money in my opinion.

Regards, Wim

Hello and thank you for your opinion.

I think your right too about the waste of monney, or not an u boat badge to buy for 90 € we can say....

Thanks again everyone here to always reply people like me who need advice really.

Thank you ^^

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X