Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 9mm Blockade runner mini for opinion

Hi guys,
    What would be your opinion on this one. This one from Ratisbon's auction.
    Thanks in advance,
    Andrei
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Andrei,

That's an unusual variant of the zinc 9 mm version (possibly from F&B, or at least not the Schwerin type).

It's one of a series of KM zinc minis which have pins with this characteristic wide sharp knurling but they usually have a horseshoe bend in the end and are soldered side-on. That's the first BB mini I've seen of this type where the pin has been soldered end-on. Also, they usually have a hole drilled through near the tip of the wing.

Best regards,
      ---Norm
      Attached Files

Comment

They all have rather crude detail. The pins are attached in a variety of degrees of rotation as you can see in these comparisons. I wonder if there was a hole drilled in the usual location that was filled again with solder? Perhaps the hole was even intended as a guide for pin attachment and was just ignored on the version with the horseshoe-bent pins?

At any rate, even though I hadn't before seen the variant from the opening post, I quite like it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's the 9 mm Minesweeper mini that I believe comes from the same maker.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Norm,
            thanks for your great explanation.
            After carefully check the mini, I can see a hole that was filled again with solder and silver painted on top. Like you idea, that a hole was as a guide for pin attachment. Silver paint on top just prove , that this type, where the pin has been soldered end-on, could be exist.

Comment

Originally posted by andrei1774 View Post
              Hi Norm,
              thanks for your great explanation.
              After carefully check the mini, I can see a hole that was filled again with solder and silver painted on top. Like you idea, that a hole was as a guide for pin attachment. Silver paint on top just prove , that this type, where the pin has been soldered end-on, could be exist.
              Excellent.

Also, here's a 16 mm zinc Minesweeper by the same maker (I believe F&B) with the same type of pin; this type was similarly designed with a partial-thickness pre-drilled hole for pin placement that was subsequently ignored in favour of a different location.

(Here's a previous thread with some explanation for the F&B connection. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...12#post6236212)

Best regards,
              ---Norm
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Norm F; 05-08-2016, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X