Destroyer Badge opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destroyer Badge opinions

Hello, I have a KM Destroyer badge that I was going to put on the E-Stand . Thought I would let more knowledgeable people look it over. From what I know it is a mid-war with the maker S.H.u Co.. What is the ballpark value on these? Thank you!
    Attached Files

Back view

A view of the back.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi SK,

blurry pics, but looks good, try better pics if you sell it to give the potential buyer more confidence. The price is up to you, but anything up to 180.- EUR would be considered a fair price.
      Cheers, Frank

Comment

I never find Shucos
        Iam Uncle Sam
        That’s who Iam
        Been hiding out
        In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Heukemes
          Hi SK,

blurry pics, but looks good, try better pics if you sell it to give the potential buyer more confidence. The price is up to you, but anything up to 180.- EUR would be considered a fair price.

Thank you, Frank!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Heukemes
            Hi SK,

Hi Frank.

You know these badges, I don't . One question though, all S.H.uCo. destroyers I've seen has had a rektangular catch-plate, not a round. The logo has also been positioned more to the right, placing the "u" directly under the lower gun. Consequently, are there multiple dies for the zink-version of the above badge .

KR
            Peter

Comment

Dear Peter,

That is an interesting discussion I have only had yesterday with a German collector friend whom I visited. He had an obviously original SHuCO destroyer definitely coming from a different die than the vast majority of those.
              We also talked about a SHuCo IAB he had in his collection with much of the same catchplate as on this destroyer in this thread. I assumed it may have been a replacement, but seeing it here on another ShuCo badge I think I might agree with him that it is an actual ShuCo catchplate variation.
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hello Friends, hello Frank,

here times of piece which we had discussed yesterday.
                Also here times the comparison of the needle hinges. Considers the folding scoring!

THE IAB hinge:

the Destryoer hinge:

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X