Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question unmarked Schewrin AC badge

Hi guys

What would you pay for an unmarked Schwrein Auxiliary Cruiser badge that has had the pin and catch removed

Remaining finish on the badge is excellent

Thanks

Al

Posting from cell phone so excuse the terrible spelling

Hi Al,

Hard to say. We've only seen one unmarked Schwerin Auxiliary Cruiser badge posted here over the years so they're very rare (if that's really what you're seeing). But having no hardware severely devalues a badge of course and limits the number of potential buyers. The vast majority would be very interested in seeing it while a small minority would be interested in buying it.

The short answer is pay nothing without good photos to determine authenticity, and after that I think most collectors would still pass unless they have a special interest in rare oddities - at which point it would go to the highest bidder.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Last edited by Norm F; 03-31-2016, 07:48 PM.

Comment

I would really like to see images before i can make an opinion.

As Norm mentioned,the umarked Schwerin HK award is very rare and even now on certain dealer sites the unmarked tombak Juncker badges,are referred to as typical Schwerin made ?

With photos,i think many of us could determine the manufacturer.

SO,we need images Al.

Cheers,Martin.

Comment

Here is a marked Schwerin that i have that has had the reverse hardware removed.

I think it may have belonged to a former Thor crewman,as it came with a bunch of other Thor related material.
        The owner had the reverse hardware removed so the badge would fit into his photo album.
        No exact provenance yet.

Anyway,i paid $80.00 usd for this little piece of history and i really like it.

Regards,Martin
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Norm and Martin

Thank you for replying to my post and the very helpful information.

I am on the road right now but will post pictures if I can get back to the seller before heading home

Thanks again for the help and I will try to get some pictures

Best regards

Al R

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X