Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHuCo Destroyer Badge

Is this fake....???
    Last edited by lammy; 10-22-2006, 06:24 PM.

Last edited by lammy; 01-28-2005, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Back pin looks very odd to me...!!!Cant send more pictures ,i dont own it yet.!
      Last edited by lammy; 10-22-2006, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Hi Lammy,

I'm afraid it is. The material isn't correct, the mm is off, the badge shows to many pockmarks, the set-up although a good try isn't what you would expect and the same goes for the finish.

This is how a good on should look.

KR
        Philippe
        Attached Files

Comment

reverse
          Attached Files

Comment

SHuCo the Lada of German awards .....I really don't like them personaly...they just don't say, 'made in Germany'.......more the UK on a Friday afternoon

I thought I'd let the experts comment like Phil, the obverse looks fair for these Lada badges, but the back the pin, hinge and makers name is incorrect (novice observation....I'm learning here !!!)......it's even off to the left more than centre, and the pin is 'cut off'.......not impossible to find badges with replaced pin's but on Phils reflection....I've learn't a thing on these badges.

I thought this may well be fake, but didn't want to say.......I'm no expert and my opinion is worthless on badges.

Is it OK if I use these pic's guys for my files please ? (I always file under the owners name, so if re-used I will credit you)

Kr

Marcus

Comment

I also think it is a fake, cast of an original badge with the wrong metal. I once held one of these and the badge "rang" when you pinged against it with your fingernail.
              Here is another original example:
              Attached Files
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Attached Files
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

Cheers thankĀ“s a lot ,i will pass on this and warn everyone else on the auctionsite....!!!!!

Comment

Wow, they're getting close. At first glance I would have said it was original, but at second glance there's some glarringly different features on this badge. I would have said this is a dangerous fake.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X