X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSF badge, which maker? S and L?

Does this look refinished to you?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John R.; 01-29-2016, 08:47 AM.

Hi John,

The softness of detail on the reverse and pitting on the obverse raises the possiblity of a fake but that could just be the blurry photos. But at the very least, if it's an original S&L then the catch and main pin have been replaced (both look incorrect) and the whole badge refinished.

Here are the four variants of reverse hardware seen on the S&L. The one on the lower left has the "question mark"-shaped catch soldered directly into the badge, not a round-wire catch on base plate like on the one you posted.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Attached Files

Comment

I agree, with Norm here, this one has no Chance to be original S&L IMO. Soft details on obverse and reverse, wrong hardware, wrong finish...
      I enclose mine for comparison, difference in quality is huge.
      Cheers,
      Hubert
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is a side by side of both badges for study.
        Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
          Attached Files

Comment

The side by side comparison demonstrates than Norm and Hubert are correct. Very soft features on the reverse with bad hardware and pitting on the front.

The first thing you would have noticed is the finish and then the pitting upon closer examination.

At a show, you must bring a loop or magnifying glass. Online, fairly easy to either post here or do your own side by sides using period examples from the pinned threads above.

Thanks Norm and Hubert.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X