Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Minesweeper Fake

Hi guys,

Just saw this one up for auction. It looks fairly convincing, but is still a total fake. Perhaps a new variation of the old "scruffy-feathered eagle" fake, but with a wide pin. It's maker marked with an upside down E. Ferd. Wiedmann logo, although the badge looks nothing like a Wiedmann-design Minsweeper.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Wow that is one hell of a fake. To someone with my lack of experience that one certainly is convincing !

Comment

Yes, this is 'feathered eagle' fake, thanks Tom for posting
      I do not recall seeing such variation so far.
      Cheers,
      Hubert

Comment

And for me just getting into KM badges, this is scary. Uhh. it would have fooled me for sure.

Comment

Yep, the good ol' "feathered eagle" fake like Hubert said. Hadn't heard "scruffy-feathered" before but also an apt description.

Also a first for me with that wide pin setup but the spurious "Wiedmann" mark we've seen before (either upright or upside-down). Here are two more examples.

Best regards,
          ---Norm
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Doug R. View Post
            And for me just getting into KM badges, this is scary. Uhh. it would have fooled me for sure.
            Hi Doug,

There is no safer area of TR collecting than Navy combat badges and cap tallies IMO. Just do not buy anything without checking. If you are at a show, just log onto WAF and find a period example of that badge on your phone and compare.

No big deal.

You would just use the search function and plug in E. Ferd. Wiedmann and you would have it.

I still do it, all the time. I just do not like to take a quick look and make a call. John

Comment

Originally posted by Doug R. View Post
              Hi Doug, if you proceed in the way John advises you will limit the risk of getting burnt to minimum.
              As the matter of fact this 'feathered eagle' fake has nothing to do with Wiedmann since it features one of a kind fantasy Gablonz flavoured obverse design

I will post all actepted Wiedmann variants from my collection for you to compare, there are only two.

type 2.12.1

Cheers,
              Hubert
              Attached Files

Comment

type 2.12.1 hinge and catch
                Attached Files

Comment

type 2.12.2
                  Attached Files

Comment

there is also a third variant that I have but it looks like one-off example with a very strange hardware. I do not like it very much...
                    Cheers,
                    Hubert
                    Attached Files

Comment

strange hardware on this one
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the pics Hubert. Very nice. Ill gladly take that one off your hands you dont like lol

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X