Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minesweeper with Photoalbum 6.Räumflottille

Hello Guys,

here a nice Pieces from me. The Album from the 6. Räumbootsflottille Mediterran Sea.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Norm F; 09-04-2015, 09:34 PM. Reason: uploaded the linked images

Comment

Originally posted by U-558 View Post
      Hello Guys,

here a nice Pieces from me. The Album from the 6. Räumbootsflottille Mediterran Sea.
      Hi U-558,

That's a gorgeous badge. Thanks for posting along with the very interesting photos. I wonder who is that Korvettenkapitän in the photos? From what I can tell, the three commanders of the 6. Räumbootsflottille over the years were Rossow, Reischauer and Klemm, all three of whom reached a top rank of Kapitänleutnant.

Best regards,
      ---Norm
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Norm,
        thank you for your answer, maybe I'll find the name of Korvettenkapitän out, I'm also interested himself. There are still a few more photos in the album when I have time I will introduce the other images yet.

best regards
        Markus

Comment

Nice badge with an incredible album. The photographer got some great action shots of depth charges being fired. Very interesting.
          Thanks for sharing

Regards,
          JustinG

Comment

Just great tombak Schwerin Minesweeper
            Cheers,
            Hubert

Comment

Hello Guys

many thanks for all answers.

best regards
              Markus

Comment

Great badge, great photos, really interesting group, thanks for sharing

BY

Comment

Hallo Guys,

the name of Commander from the Pictures its Walther Klemm.

Best regards
                  Markus

Comment

Hi Markus,

Good to know! I wonder why he has Korvettenkapitän shoulder boards in that photo?

Best regards,
                    ---Norm

Comment

Hello Norm,

i dont no, i became the name yesterday from a another WAF Member.

Regards
                      Markus

Comment

In all records I have Klemm is listed as kapitaenleutnant. Klemm was promoted in the bundesmarine to fregattenkapitaen. The officer here wears not only boards for a senior officer but also the visor
                        Hmmmmmm...
                        More research is needed

Comment

If this album is from 6th flotilla, the officer could be the commanding officer of the 11th
                          Sicherungsflotilla to wich the 6th was subordinated, Korvettenkapitaen d.R. von Kleist.
                          Last edited by compressore; 12-27-2016, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Hi,

the info it's Klemm came from my side.

I'm working on him for a publication and I've asked a curator when I saw this post. I'm wondering if he could have been wrong, coz he answered quickly.

Klemm's rank was Kapitaenleutnant during 1943-45, wasn't it?

Sorry if I was wrong.

Best;
                            Hermann
                            Last edited by collecting; 12-27-2016, 04:37 PM. Reason: error

Comment

Klemm was promoted Kapitaenleutnant on 1.11.1941, he served mainly on "administrative" positions until he took over command 6th.
                              Ranklist from 1st June 1944 shows him still in the same rank.
                              Lohmann/Hillebrandt is listing him also with final rank Kaleunt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X