BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions requested on Destroyer badge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions requested on Destroyer badge...

Hello Colleagues,

May I have your educated and experienced opinion on the Destroyer badge; It is marked Schwerin Berlin 68.

I am unsure of the clasp or the hook; variation perhaps? Also, the text seems a bit flat. There does appear to have been some Gilt on the wreath at one time...

Your observations are appreciated and respected.

Cheers!

Michael Collins
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pfalz DIIIa; 01-07-2005, 06:19 PM. Reason: Mis-spelled word and incorrect punctuation.

Destroyer...

Back.

Cheers

MC
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I'm afraid I'd elect to say an out and out fake I'm afraid, and very unlike the original.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Hi MC,

There's alot thats not right with this, pin, hinge, catch, the obverse, eagle wreath...lots: it's just not right. And as far as I'm aware, indeed this cut out swas is incorrect to my knowledge.

Totally bogus badge in my opinon, I wouldn't purchase this at all !

You will get more comments I'm sure from the more conversed but I think they'll just say along the same lines as me on this one.

I don't have mine any more and sold it to upgrade mine then bought another badge I'm sure the other guy's will pop up some genuine examples for you to see.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Hi all, i agree a definate fake. All the best.

Comment

I agree totally with Marcus and Lorenzo, a fake. The only thing I can add is the wear pattern on the front is bogus. I think I can even see scratch marks where they used sand paper to take off most of the fake finish .

Tom D.
            If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
            [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
            Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X