sub badge good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sub badge good or bad?

I would like to get opinions on this sub badge please?
    Attached Files

front
    Attached Files

Comment

Appears to be the wrong Hinge / Pin and Catch for a Souval

If you look closely, it appears you can almost see where the originals were attached .....

Comment

Here's the back of mine. This is the only photo I have at present but you get the idea...(the colour came out completly wrong in this photo. Must get another one done )
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Steve, the award itself looks ok to me, i have no worries about the catch. The pin would be ok for an R.S in my opinion. The grey area around the hinge and catch is the guide rails that the workers used to ease the location of the set up. As for the hinge better close up pics are required (side view Etc).Hope this is of some help.

Comment

text

Hi All

I would like to thank everyone so far who has replied. I was more concerned with the style of the text in RS? I also noticed in Tuckers book the same badge has the same type of pin and catch but the text is different? In Detlev's book the text is also different and the pin is straight? I know most collectors are not keen on RS badges.
            Steve

Comment

Dear Steve,

Both types of logos (fat round and thinner, edgy) are ok, also on their submarine badges. Nothing wrong with Souval badges, there are good ones and fakes as with almost every maker.
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Thanks Frank

I will post a side view of the pin assembly later today when I get home from work
                Steve

Comment

Hi Steve, have n,t seen this book,but what you are probably looking at is the angular mm for R.S. This MM is by many the more accepted, some people believe the rounded mm are post war thus collectors tend to keep away from these awards (myself included). In the end its a case of each to their own. All the best.

Comment

To echo what Frank said, Gordon Williamson did give me the for this one a long time ago. I guess the thread may no longer be here but I did keep a paper copy of it

Comment

Regarding the rounded lettered RS badges, does anyone have a badge marked like this that they got direct from a vet?
                      HC

Comment

I thought we were over that one. Whoever brought up that myth that these are bad anyway??? Is it in some book?
                        Cheers, Frank

Comment

Yes, I saw a rounded letter RS badge from a vet many years ago...an IAB. I was not able to buy his stash of stuff, but I looked it over very carefully. He was an infantryman, and during the advance across Germany he was in the billeting party that procured houses for his unit to live in. Apparently anything in the houses that could be construed a weapon was fair game as a souvenier. He had a gorgeous Heer lion head sword in it's original bag (taken from a house) and a late war P38. He was an interpreter for POWs when the war ended and liberated a very large collection of rank insignia, badges etc.....

Comment

pin assembly
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X